Wheel Alignment

Jeffers_21

Member +
Afternoon guy's

Just got my car back from a full laser alignment.

When it went in the results are as follows (bearing in mind i have just changed the coilovers)

Left Front
Camber: -0° 31'
Caster: 0° 19'
toe: 0° 22'

Right Front
Camber: -0° 07'
Caster: 1° 11'
toe: 0° 23'

Total Toe: 0° 45’
Steer Ahead: -0° 01’

Rear left
Camber: -1° 16'
toe: 0° 26'

Rear Right
Camber: -0° 24'
toe: 0° 03'
Total Toe: 0° 23’
Thrust Angle: 0° 15’

-----------------------------------
After the alignment was done

Left Front
Camber: -0° 15'
Caster: 0° 19'
toe: 0° 04'

Right Front
Camber: -0° 15'
Caster: 1° 11'
toe: 0° 02'

Total Toe: 0° 06’
Steer Ahead: -0° 01’

Rear is ovb the same.

Now my question is what should I be looking at for the front left caster? I can’t see anything that has been hit but what are the common cause’s for this?
As for the rear I have an adjustable panhard rod (which I guess they didn’t notice when doing the alignment) would this solve the camber and toe of the rear? If im adjusting it myself, should I be shortening it and how do I measure bits so I can roughly get it together.

It feels a hell of a lot better than it ever did before but still want to try do something with the rear.

madman

Member +
send captain starlet a pm he will steer you in the right direction i would be puttin about 1.5 degrees of camber on the front wheels if it were me. the adjustable panhard rod is tricky to set up u need to measure the distance from the arch to the wheel on both sides on level ground and adjust i cant remember which way does what its bein that long.

here is a copy of mine from when i got it done

scan0001-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffers_21

Member +
although the car is better than it was, under spirited driving it drag's all over the road. you have to fight to keep it going where you want it. Is this just a querk of the oem lsd? or could it be coz i havent got much camber on the fronts etc?

weeJohn

Lifer
I think its the zero toe that causes that, normally the wheels are toed in to help keep the car in a straight line. The camber is very neutral, I would prefer a little more negative camber to compensate for squat under acceleration.

Problem is, if you adjust the camber now it will affect the rest of the settings.