When do your turbos spool :)

Chris_14a

Member +
Im looking at changing my k24 towards the end of the year. I am thinking of going for a td04 hybrid but I'm also interested in doing somthing different. so I was wondering what turbos are people using and when do you get full boost on a 4e as I use my car on track so don't want to much lag. I have looked round on the net and found things that people use just never any figures on them. Cheers Chris :)

Ted

Member +
plenty will claim different but as their car always spools faster but i found. .

td04 std 3900
tdo4-15t hybrid 4100
vf24/28/29 4300
vf35 4600
vf22 5000
td05 5000

Paul_JJ

Member +
ha that would depend on the intercooler and piping - the shorter the route/smaller the core - the faster will be spool up time!

sanchez

Member +
Are you forged?

K26 full boost by 5000 rpm at 1.6bar, yes a little laggy but when boost comes on it makes up for it lol and believe me its QUICK!!!! lol

Chris_14a

Member +
Yeah my car is forged. It has a blitz dsbc which is set up to a bar . Fmic and No air filter lol :) . I have bin in a gt with a k26 at 1.5bar and I will agree with you it was fast

hubbygt

Member +
I hit 1bar on the tdo4 by 4000rpm, shoots straight up to 1.6 after that

And the Td05 was around 4800rpm

Dan3SGTE

Member +
all different engine set ups will effect spool... There is no set spool up time... Can have a rough guidline i suppose...