Which exhaust?

1nsan3

Member +
Hi guys and girls.

Today after taking the gt out for a small run it sounded different, when i got back i stuck it over the pit and had a look at the exhaust, which after inspection has a leak from the flexi after the cat.

My question is this

Do i fix the leak by cutting the flexi out and rewelding a new one in.

or do i buy a new cat back exhaust

At the moment the car is standard but i would like to do more than just an exhaust on it as i would like a pocket rocket.

Any recommendations on exhausts would be great.

Also a link or two would be great if you have any, i have seen a full stainless cat back system on ebay for 250 quid which i was considering, anybody bought one of these ??

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Hey Mate,

Yeah i mean it all comes down to budget at the end of the day.

If you have a budget for 250-300 then i would say the Japspeed one is probably your best bet if you are looking for a brand new exhaust system.

There are a few variations and different types of exhaust out there namely the big brands such as Blitz, HKS, 5zigen & Apexi. Of course the older brands and pretty rare are the kakimoto exhausts aswell. There is also the Buddy Club exhausts whcih are pretty loud.

Blitz and the HKS system can vary in price depending where you go from 475 to 550.

The Japspeed is a very good choice and i think many on this forum use these exhaust systems with great effect. There is also the Blue Flame exhaust system which are more or less in the same category in terms of cost.

Here is a sound clip from my Blitz Nur Spec for your reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i7X58j1_w

Good luck with your choice :)

Last edited:

GTdan

In The Closet
if your going for a cat back, have a look in classifieds on here, theres always one floating around, theres a stainless steel one for sale from mak turbo for around £150 iirc.

1nsan3

Member +
if your going for a cat back, have a look in classifieds on here, theres always one floating around, theres a stainless steel one for sale from mak turbo for around £150 iirc.

have pm'd him and it doesnt look like it has been sold, awaiting a reply rep your way for saving me 100 quid

Cheers dude :beer:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I gave my advice based on the fact you wanted a brand new system, of course a used one was always a cheaper option but one that i assumed you had already explored :).