Which Garrett GTX Turbo??

elison

Member +
Hi guys,

Im currently in the hunt for the new garrett GTX turbo. I have looked at 3 of them. The GTX2860R, GTX2863R, and the GTX2867R. So im sharing it here to get any advice of the EP gurus which would be the best option. Engine is fully forged with complete stand alone ECU with the primary use of drag race. Would like to aim for 350 to 400 hp.

These are the compressor maps for the turbos.

GTX2860R
GTX2860R.JPG

GTX2863R
GTX2863R_816365-1_comp.jpg

GTX2867R
GTX2867R_816366-1_comp.jpg

Any advice and suggestions would be really nice.:rockon:

AdamB

Member +
The 2860 will get your HP target easily, so there would be no need to consider other trim sizes.
I wouldn't go any higher than the 2863 on trim size either tbh because it becomes unbalanced with a greater weight compressor wheel and the turbine wheel won't rotate any faster to make use of it.

sx_turbo

Lifer
the gtx2860 will be best, spool up almost like a td04 and massive power to boot, should make the 350, but I would recommend a set of cams and stronger valve springs, dbilas do the valve springs, don't go for a dbilas camshaft though as they aren't suited for the turbo engine.

elison

Member +
Thanks for the input guys, planning on running one soon on my forged 4e. Will post updates and numbers when finished.

Any other input from the other GURU'S???? LoL

Cheers guys,

sx_turbo

Lifer
Thanks for the input guys, planning on running one soon on my forged 4e. Will post updates and numbers when finished.

Any other input from the other GURU'S???? LoL

Cheers guys,

http://www.enginelogics.com/read-a-turbo-compressor-map/

have a read through that, and do some light equations, and plot them on the map yourself, if you do the calculations at multiple rev locations you can plot them on the graph and see what the turbo will do throughout the rev range, e.g the rpm at which you will get full boost by (in theory obviously, real life could and probably will be different)