which is better in a 1998 glanza... 4agze or 4efte?

amirrzz

Fresh Recruit
hi guys...its been a long time since i posted a thread here.. I just sold my ep80 and bought a stock 98 glanza v from a friend few days ago... i went to a halfcut store jz now to search for parts (door, bonnet, etc)... before i left the shop, the guy from the store told me that they can put 4agze engine (AE101) in my car with minor mod to the engine mounting. he told me that my car's stock hp is just 133hp whereas stock AE101's hp will be as high as 175hp... the price of AE101's halfcut (including brakes etc) + labour charge is just B$3000 or US$1500...

1. what do u guys think of this? should i continue with modifying my glanza v with B$3000 to mod my 4efte
or
should i spend B$3000 for a stock 4agze halfcut?

2. which is reliable? a stock 175hp 4agze or a modified 4efte?

3. which can produce more torque at 200hp?

any answer/reply will be much appreciated...

turbojim

Lifer
depends on wat ya want dude but i would love to do a 4agze in a starlet and are ment to be strong engines too and the 4agze would produce more torque i would think but that depends on the set up your going to run:)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
the 1.6 will always produce more useable torque rght through the rev range.

The 4efte provides very little useable torque when going larger turbos. That my opinion, i find there not to be too much when driving them.

Although he CT9 i found really well at 1BAR + for torque/response.

Remember, there isnt much point in having high torque up top of rev range as the BHP is the relevant figure. You want the torque to start from as low as possible. Unless its over kill like my 3sgte where it used to light the tires on idle lol.

starbogt

Member +
for that price I'd go 4agze brilliant engine as all have said. Not that the 4efte isn't good but in comparison the 1.6 is better all round.

hardcoreep

Member +
The MAP sensor GZE in the AE101 is 170ps. However the money spent on getting it and converting your EP to work with it could be better spent on tuning the Glanza. As for torque as a larger displacement superchaged engine, stock for stock against the 4E the GZE makes more torque. However to get the best out of the GZE you're going to just have to turbocharge it. And tuned the FE will give you more torque in the end. The GE head provides 20% less torque over the equivalent FE head. Where the GE comes into its own is having a wider powerband.

amirrzz

Fresh Recruit
thx for all the answers/replies.. really appreciate it.. i think im going for the gze for now since the stock engine can produce higher torque.. however, i need to talk to some workshop guys few blocks from my place for the price of engine rebuild.