which is better?

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
which is better when your external wastegate opens the exhaust gases just go into the atmosphere or having a pipe fitted so when the external wastegate opens they go into the downpipe and out exhaust?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
which is better when your external wastegate opens the exhaust gases just go into the atmosphere or having a pipe fitted so when the external wastegate opens they go into the downpipe and out exhaust?

I believe it doesnt make a difference but just its quieter going back into the exhaust.. Other then that i dont see how one will be more effective then the other. Someone correct me if im wrong by all means.

GTwayne

Member +
Which is better..?

Gases to atmosphere, Gases into downpipe

There's only one way to find out... FIIIIIIGHT :haha:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
But as Dan said, don't think they'll be any noticeable difference between the two.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
lol wayne i was thinkin same thing haha i will prob just leave it how it is now no doubt it will mean taking my kit off to bodge up a failed attempt weld job lol it just at the mo it sounds crap when the wastegate opens it jus goes like a loud long woooshing sound i was exspecting summet like i heard the subaru's on youtube do where it kind of open closes like chatter but mine just opens when on boost and then closes off boost maybe a small screamer pipe might make it sound abit better