which would you get

stedee

Member +
evo 8 fq300 in black 50k - expensive insurance and the worry of the cost if something goes wrong but mean as fcuk and fast
dc5 teg - overpriced, cheap insurance, pretty, reliable not as fast
alfa gt 3.2 v6 pretty, quite powerful, luxurious and its got that alfa vibe, you only know if youve owned one.

stedee

Member +
lol my heart says yes, a mate of mine says test drive em but the nearest one is the evo and i know for a fact i will have it there and then.

Phil

Super Moderator
evo 8 fq300 in black 50k - expensive insurance and the worry of the cost if something goes wrong but mean as fcuk and fast
dc5 teg - overpriced, cheap insurance, pretty, reliable not as fast
alfa gt 3.2 v6 pretty, quite powerful, luxurious and its got that alfa vibe, you only know if youve owned one.
Ep82 grey, the one that trevor has just got completely sorted, forged 5e running a k26 apexi power fc and 1.5bar of boost- cheap has all the right part and is a real weapon :)

out of those id go for the last one not on your list lol

Phil

zee20

Member +
:haha: @ phil, ste iv had a test drive in a evo and they are quick and got awesum handling, but the price on them are dropping every day

GTdan

In The Closet
can you an afford an evo?? I would love one, however insurance is high for me, plus if something goes wrong with the car, its not always a £200 fix, it tends to be around a grand!!!
So my advice, if you get the evo, make sure you got some money spare.

zee20

Member +
I dont think it would need much spending if he buys a low mileage and had less previous owners but depends how its driven:)

Gav_Kara

Member +
Dc5 teg or buy an evo 5 or 6!
Just watch out the AYC aint knackered on one you get,cause your talking £££ to fix it!

My fellas looking for an evo 5 at the min,but he thinks hes going to respray the pulsar first and then look around for one!

But with the credit crunch they are some cheap evos around!

Good luck

stedee

Member +
yep not cheap to fix, the diffs seem to go but the guy as replaced it already, i will have to ask him what diff he used, if its an rs one thats good news.
yep i got a shock off the insurance aswell but i would go tpft which is 500 quid instead of 1200

Gav_Kara

Member +
yep not cheap to fix, the diffs seem to go but the guy as replaced it already, i will have to ask him what diff he used, if its an rs one thats good news.
yep i got a shock off the insurance aswell but i would go tpft which is 500 quid instead of 1200

Have you tryed directline for insurance?
How old are you?

Morph

Member +
id go for the dc5 teg as a mate who owns the jr motorsports evo drag car says the bottum end on evo 8 is fragile after 50k so if you try tuning it you will get the dreaded bottom failure he had.

Gav_Kara

Member +
id insure that FC mate... thats alot of money to loose if you hit some ice and then a tree!!!!

I second that i wouldnt own a car if it wernt fully comp!

I was paying £680FC on my old starlet since someone wrote my gt off im paying just over £1000FC

stedee

Member +
sometimes i think i might get an astra 1.3 g reg but the tegs are well expensive and i have a horrible feeling i will be dissapointed.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Get a cheaper Evo, and you'll be just as happy. That way you can keep some money in the bank as well (especially useful in a credit crunch?)... As for reliablity on Evo's, I owned one for 3 years, and just needed a new clutch. As long as they're serviced, and the diff oil's changed once in a while, you shouldn't have any problems.