who know's impreza's??

scot-ish

Member +
right, i am quite sure now, that i want one.

but all the models are confusing me big style, i was in a subaru garage about a week ago, and ive came to the conclusion, that i think i want a prodrive, and i really like the hawkeye. i also seen a gb270 that i liked.

but what is it with all the models? and why is there such a price difference with some of the impreza's, which to me seem to be nearly the same??

like these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-06-SUBAR...iewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item519355f948

and this? what is the WR1 mean??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-Subaru-I...iewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eaedde8b6

Spec C is import?? as i love the look of this car. and it seems cheap compared to the others?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-Subaru-I...iewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2eaedde8b6

any help, and any sor of explanation to all the models, and what is the best to buy, will be much appreciated.

cheers

Boab

Member +
Hi mate,

WR1 was a one off blobeye impreza. Would advise against it if you are going big hp as they make more money as original cars. The Spec C was a jap import, lighter shell, twin scroll turbo and a few other niceities. Oh, and if they have the prodrive pack then they will be Ecutek'd, which means only an Ecutek dealer will be able to remap the standard ECU.

Bob

scot-ish

Member +
Hi mate,

WR1 was a one off blobeye impreza. Would advise against it if you are going big hp as they make more money as original cars. The Spec C was a jap import, lighter shell, twin scroll turbo and a few other niceities. Oh, and if they have the prodrive pack then they will be Ecutek'd, which means only an Ecutek dealer will be able to remap the standard ECU.

Bob

cheers for the reply, is the spec C guna be a lot harder/more expensive to insure?

i like the look of the hawkeye, and i thought it was better to get the PPP ones, as its already safe, with more power. as i was told alot of impreza's just have the boost turned up, and its not too good for the car?

to be honest, im not really going to be chasing massive power with it, i think this will be the more mature car, and just leave it as it is, but i really like the look of the hawkeye, but i cant understand why there is a 5 or 6k swing between cars that seem to be the same spec, age, mileage etc.

thanks for the replies.

ALaN

Member +
Spec C is the daddy mate. My mate (Glanza hater on here) has a spec d sti running around 320bhp with a similar torque figure and it is immense to say the least it's goin in for a decat and remap soon so should see around 360 (so he's been told) but he originally thought it was prodrive'd due to a different silicone elbow on the intercooler so was gettin remap prices around 700quid due to a 400quid ecutek license being needed but it turns out it's not so a remap is comin in at 250 with launch control etc.
So I would reckon if you plan on modifying it to any extend to go for a non prodrive'd one and if your gonna keep it pretty stock get one with the PPP.
Just to add if you've got a heavy foot prepare for a light wallet, he sees up to around 200 mile to a tank but emptied one in alot less at crail where he was runnin low 13s.

scot-ish

Member +
Cheers for the reply mate, a light wallet is no problem. Tha car will prob do less than 4k per yr as I'm out of the country alot. Do u know how harder they are to insure? And what is the difference from the spec c to the spec
D? Just the shell weight and turbo?

Cheers

ALaN

Member +
I couldn't comment on insurance unfortunately. The C is a lightweight edition and has a bigger turbo (vf35 iirc), thicker roll bars etc. Subaru claim it's pretty much track prepped. The D is for discreet, more sound deadening, low level wrx spoiler rather than the big sti one, oh and full leather lol it's a comfy big bus and if I could afford to run one I would have it in a heartbeat.
If it's just gonna be a fun car and you defo want a newager spec C is the way forward

scot-ish

Member +
man, this one is awesome
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1795804.htm

but, my budget is around 14-15k, unless i wait untull after xmas when ive been away to see for another 6 weeks, but id imagine that white one will be gone.

also, if the spec C is import, how come that lichfield's have got some that have 0 miles, and will be on 2010 plate. will these still be classed as imports??

cheers

Matchew

Member +
Dont have a hawkeye unless its a spec c as the 2.5ltr's are wank my mates gotta 2.5 spec d and the rings went got it back then the the bottom end went common problem on the ej25 engines threads all over scoobynet regarding this problem.

Spec c's are 2.0ltr bullet proof i would only go through lichfield imports there the best dealer going they provide a full warranty on the performance parts they fit and everything is done in house biggest name in the subaru world, although if your looking for the classic flat four burble you wont get it with a spec c as they have equal length headers on a twin scroll setup

Matchew

Member +
Agreed i know plenty of peops with blobeyes and they say there too civicilised and would rather have a classic type r or an ra or a new age spec c

nicky_glanza

Member +
classic ftw! if you could buy a 3dr type r you on to a winner as there just like twincams etc prices are horrendus and will be worth some dough in years to come. youl never loose money if you buy a good classic as there bottomed out atm and are only gonna go up

M

mad_max926

right i am a major scooby fan and there are two models worth looking into in my opininon u have the classic sti wrx type r 3dr import from japan stuuning cars my mates is 400hp zen performance tuned car or you have the 2002 -2005 sti spec c jap import this is wot i would go for litchfield is a good website to get an idea

ALaN

Member +
The main problem with the ej25 is that it has the 2.0ltr head on it and the over lap causes a det hot spot. This is something I was told by a lad at a scoobie meet that had a fully built rb320 running near 500 bhp. Not sure how far you could go before that caused a problem but I would still try for a jdm 2.0ltr if possible.

Also as matchew mentioned, the spec C does sound different but check out some of the YouTube vids as they still sound awesome

scot-ish

Member +
Thanks for all the replies people, the spec c is something I like the look off, especially that one from the link above, I think i might enquire about it, but I don't really wanna loan 5k I'd rather pay in cash. Is there that much of a difference in insurance from import to uk spec? I would check myself but most online places quote madness on Imports. And I'm offshore so cant phone any places. So all hawkeye's are the 2.5??

Cheers

ALaN

Member +
All uk hawks are 2.5 but the spec C has a 2.0 still 320bhp though. There's a good video of a guy test driving one on YouTube but I can't seem to link it from my phone. Just search YouTube for spec c sti and it's the top video (the car is yellow)