wideband lamba sensor kits?

Mikeygtt

Member +
Hi guys,

Ive been looking around various sites at what wideband lamba sensor kits are about and at what prices.

I have an safc 2 to install, but wanted to install it with an propper o2 sensor to tune it up.

I have seen most use a bosch 4.2/4.9 sensor, with a controller. BUT do they all do the same job? or are some units better than others?

Im not looking to spend a fortune on one, but do want one that will work well.
I've seen an AEM, Autogauge, PLX, and innovate kits most commonly.

What are peoples thoughts? im quite liking the look of the AEM kit with the controller and guage in one unit?

Also will the sensor be a straight fit to the current thread?

Sorry for the waffle guys, but your help is much appriciated.

Cheers

Mikey

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you want to tune it then the innovate one is very good as you can datalog which is brilliant when tuning.

the aem is fine to tune with, but you have to watch the gauge which isnt half as easy as sitting down and looking at a graph.

Mikeygtt

Member +
so the aem would need the dyno and for one to watch the guage, while another sorts the safc out?
the tuning will only be for a max of 180bhp. running a ct9.

cheers fella

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your taking it to a dyno to get mapped then i would just stick the aem one in there. if you plan on tuning the car yourself then i would say the innovate is your best bet.

if your not mapping yourself then you dont really need one unless you want it for peice of mind.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Iv had an aem one for around 3 years now and its a great bit of kit. Im sure it has out puts for data logging also. I was talkin to a tuner last week when i got my teg on the dyno and he said he had problems with innovate ones in the past and knows other people who have had trouble with them also.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Iv had an aem one for around 3 years now and its a great bit of kit. Im sure it has out puts for data logging also. I was talkin to a tuner last week when i got my teg on the dyno and he said he had problems with innovate ones in the past and knows other people who have had trouble with them also.

the aem has a datalogging output, but it uses a logarithmic scale that is a bastard to setup a datalogger to read accurately.

as for the innovate ones. i have heard the storys of them not working, but alarge proportion of the problems stem from poor installations. they have to be wired in properly, with a good clean ground point.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
As Duncan saus, all the Innovate failures I've seen have been installation errors, not any old power feed and groud will suffice. If I were buu a different brand it'd be Zeitronix.

Mikeygtt

Member +
thanks for the help on this one guys,

ive decided to opt for the aem one, as seems good value and less installation space needed. next step will be wiring in with the safc2! thats gonna be fun! haha

Cheers

Mikey