Wiring in coil packs to hydra ecu

Wel lads got a hydra ecu with individual coil packs my question is do u have to splice into the distributor wires to get spark or how is it done any info would be great

HAVE SPARK NOW

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
You need to run the wires from the coil pack to the ecu, but you also need to know the pinout of the coil pack connector to know what goes where. What I know of require +12v, ground, +ve 5v signal/trigger and -ve signal/trigger.

You need to run the wires from the coil pack to the ecu, but you also need to know the pinout of the coil pack connector to know what goes where. What I know of require +12v, ground, +ve 5v signal/trigger and -ve signal/trigger.

There is 4 wires coming from the coil packs goin to the ecu and 2 ground wires.ur sayin I have to run 2 wires from the ecu up to the distributor wires to get spark?

AdamB

Member +
You don't touch the dizzy, its useless if you wanna go wasted spark/sequential ignition. Ditch the whole dizzy setup including the wiring.
Are you just trying to make a field harness or trying to create a whole new loom?

You don't touch the dizzy, its useless if you wanna go wasted spark/sequential ignition. Ditch the whole dizzy setup including the wiring.
Are you just trying to make a field harness or trying to create a whole new loom?
The harness is made up all wired up correctly but wouldn't fire I had the dizzy Plug on though would that cause the coils not to fire?

AdamB

Member +
Have you checked that its not firing at the spark plug?
Have you ran a diagnostic test to ensure you are getting a crank signal?

The dizzy shouldn't even be linked to the ecu, has the map settings been adjusted correctly to support the correct features? ie for wasted spark/sequential ignition and not dizzy? Have you configured the triggers?

Have you checked that its not firing at the spark plug?
Have you ran a diagnostic test to ensure you are getting a crank signal?

The dizzy shouldn't even be linked to the ecu, has the map settings been adjusted correctly to support the correct features? ie for wasted spark/sequential ignition and not dizzy? Have you configured the triggers?

It's not sparking at the plugs do u not run wires from the igniter down to the ecu to get spark?? There is 6 wires off the coil pack 4 are different colours and they are matched to the harness that plugs into the ecu the 2 others are earths..do u leave the coil egniter dissy plugged in whenever u are running coil packs? The car is cranking over perfect just no spark when I plug my standerd ecu back in it fires up first turn.spark is the issue

AdamB

Member +
Your not running smart coils then? With built in ignitors?
I believe you have two wires going from the ignitor - coil, the remaining wires feed back to the ecu.

I personally wouldn't leave the stock dizzy assembly plugged in, but it depends if you are using the G1, G- , NE and G2 as a trigger, I would have thought if you are using the stock dizzy as a trigger it would have to be plugged in/spliced into. Only for the trigger not the spark itself.

Your not running smart coils then? With built in ignitors?
I believe you have two wires going from the ignitor - coil, the remaining wires feed back to the ecu.

I personally wouldn't leave the stock dizzy assembly plugged in, but it depends if you are using the G1, G- , NE and G2 as a trigger, I would have thought if you are using the stock dizzy as a trigger it would have to be plugged in/spliced into. Only for the trigger not the spark itself.

I'm using individual coils the ecu came out of Sean kelleghers car the 4 wires that leave the coils attach up to the harness as they are colour coded the other 2 are ground wires.so ur saying I have to run 2 wires from the igniter to the ecu to get spark?Do u leave the coil egniter dissy plugged in using coils.il get pictures up later if that would help

AdamB

Member +
I think so mate, am not 100% sure but looking back through the stock wiring diagrams thats what it looks like, but obviously with just the one coil and ignitor, so providing the ecu is able to provide 4x ignition outputs then there won't be a problem.

I don't know what your using as a trigger, but I spose theres no harm leaving the dizzy plugged in, if you can trace the wires back and see where they go it will help your cause.

Best person to ask would be Chris@CCM as I'm sure he's done a few coil pack units.

Cheers yes there is 4 individual ports for each coil all connected just getting no spark I don't no could I leave the standerd coil and igniter plugged in or not don't see y I'm not getting spark Mabey because the coil igniter is plugged in?? Il ask Chris see can he help

animal gt

Member +
The only thing is Sean u wouldn't have a clue how to put it in the same way u had lads to strip ur car!!lol

thats why u pm me asking for info and pics u donkey lol to main to bring it to some1 who actualy knows what there at LOL pete the man of all trades master of none PMSL..lads needed to see things runing before buy hammy ;)

Phil

Super Moderator
you still got your gt about you sean>? going well?

Aye chris would be a good bet for abit of insight though he is a wild busy man, not sure if he has done many coilpack starlets but he will have worked with them on plenty of other motors.

Phil

animal gt

Member +
you still got your gt about you sean>? going well?

Aye chris would be a good bet for abit of insight though he is a wild busy man, not sure if he has done many coilpack starlets but he will have worked with them on plenty of other motors.

Phil
i stil got her phil :) sold the performance parts of her doh

John@ECC

Lifer
We have done lots of 4E/5E on HKS F Con with Civic Type R coils. If your completely stuck give us a shout 028 92 666 555 Option2 and we can get you booked in.