WMS 4 Pots

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Anybody have any reviews on these?

From my last track day I knew I had scrubbed out a set of pads on the stock calliper setup, so I was going to put new yellowstuff pads in them at the weekend, but there is a lot more damage than I thought. The piston seals in the caliper have melted, the pad has warped/melted and piston has nearly pushed through the pad itself, on trying to remove the pad from the piston, I have pulled the piston clean out of the caliper, the pad has pretty much welded itself to the piston... good excuse for an upgraded brake package :D

I wouldnt have the money to go for a new set of wilwoods or ksports but the WMS seem to be a reasonable price new.

Anybody have any experience with these?

Rep waiting

Thanks guys

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
You'll find more info on uksc, some good reviews.

I've got wilwoods for sale if you're interested though....

I seen them in the for sale section dude, but if the reviews are good on the WMS, they aren't far off the price of your wilwoods, I would go for a brand new brake set up, but thanks

Jay

Admin
Fitted a set for Joz last month, I was very impressed by both the fitting and results. Good quality setup and seemed to offer a solid upgrade to stock calipers. Haven't driven the car in anger yet but I'll report back when I do.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I seen them in the for sale section dude, but if the reviews are good on the WMS, they aren't far off the price of your wilwoods, I would go for a brand new brake set up, but thanks

Ok no probs, just to say the wilwood (and k sport) kits can't be compared directly with the WMS one's that they currently offer - the discs are only single piece and 277mm diameter whereas the wilwoods are 300mm (in my case) and 2 piece so they would cost a lot more new. Also a new wilwood kit with single piece discs is £790 and the WMS kit is £640 ish - I looked into them all before going for the wilwoods (just a shame I got the wrong bloody kit!).

I'm still going to stick with the wilwoods when I get the current one's sold just because they have a proven track record - literally, they're a much more established brand and have spent years on the design of the calipers.