wont boost over .5...

toyotagt

Member +
well lads... i have a GT here, it wont boost over 0.5 for some reason....
i thought it was a dead turbo but still the same with a brand new one.....
i have a WEPR manifold, with
brand new TIAL external wastegate,
brand new turbo, flap is just welded properly
i have a AVCR and rsm...
all boost pipes checked and are good...

im wondering is the avcr not set up right for external wastegate??
seems to be an electrical problem..

the avcr pipinf are on com and nc....

weeJohn

Lifer
Looks like you have it plumbed right, what size of spring is in the wastegate? If its a 1 bar spring then the turbo should make 1 bar with no boost controller fitted, IF the welded turbo flap is not allowing boost to leak past it. If you took the hose off the wastegate and it only made 0.95 then I think you have a problem there, or a boost leak elsewhere, as it should effectively make unlimited boost with that hose off, there is no wastegate boost reference for it to open.

toyotagt

Member +
Looks like you have it plumbed right, what size of spring is in the wastegate? If its a 1 bar spring then the turbo should make 1 bar with no boost controller fitted, IF the welded turbo flap is not allowing boost to leak past it. If you took the hose off the wastegate and it only made 0.95 then I think you have a problem there, or a boost leak elsewhere, as it should effectively make unlimited boost with that hose off, there is no wastegate boost reference for it to open.

well... it willmake more then .95, i just didn want to over boost it, when i have avcr turned of or set to 2.0 bar it wont go over 0.5,,,, i wonder is the avcr boost control thing broken? how do i plumb it to bypass the avcr and run off just the w/g spring?? i think its a 1.0 bar spring. i dont know tho...

Smokey

Fresh Recruit
Do you know what the duty is set at now?
When the actual boost is lower that what you've set it to then you need to set the duty higher than it is!
Your external wg spring rate will predict your range of adjustment with the avcr but I think a 1bar spring (if that's what you have) should be ok!

toyotagt

Member +
Do you know what the duty is set at now?
When the actual boost is lower that what you've set it to then you need to set the duty higher than it is!
Your external wg spring rate will predict your range of adjustment with the avcr but I think a 1bar spring (if that's what you have) should be ok!

i have followed these instructions.....

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...xi-AVCR-Boost-Controller-Basic-Setup-Tutorial

and i suppose im moreless sorted now :)... only thing now is its hitting a bar in each gear alright, but feels like i need to adjust the duty at lower revs to get it sooner if you get me? ill sus that part out myself the next day :) ...

i havent turned the avcr off yet, so i dont know wat way it is now since i reset the avcr... ill update this soon as i no myself... need to do my head gasket first tho.... lol

thanks for the help...