Work alloys fitted but small problem.

Derek

Lifer
Got them today fitted them look great in my opinion, but one wheel is catching the rear drivers side why is that? same tyre profile, same size wheel and never happened on the old set.:confused::confused:

Derek

Lifer
Forgot to say Its on a scooby, i don't have an adjustable panhard rod, yea there the same offset its just the rear right wheel catching very annoying. any idea dudes?

Derek

Lifer
^^^ cool but i don't understand why its only the one wheel catching? surely they should all be catching.

CMR

Member +
Surely subaru's have independant suspension on the rear being 4wd.. i.e they dont need a panhard rod.

If all you have done is change the wheel then its the offset, or a spacer on the wheel.

dac69er

Super Moderator
are the tyres different on each side? some tires stick out from the face of the rim more than others. your old ones may have been close, but not enough to catch. the new ones may be a touch wider and just catch on the arch?

just an idea

CMR

Member +
are the tyres different on each side? some tires stick out from the face of the rim more than others. your old ones may have been close, but not enough to catch. the new ones may be a touch wider and just catch on the arch?

just an idea

Good point, also could be tyre pressures.

If its rolling on the rim on lower psi the wall will be stuck out further

Derek

Lifer
Cheers for the help lads yea im thinking its defo a tyre issue the passenger side one was catching aswell last night, have to check the old tyres but i think the new ones are a bigger profile. the old ones im nearly sure were 205/r16/45 these are 205/r16/50 thats probably where the problem lies.

Aga

Member +
you have a subaru? i thought we were talking about a starlet. scratch that, i dont know if subarus even have panhards!

Texx

Super Moderator
have to check the old tyres but i think the new ones are a bigger profile. the old ones im nearly sure were 205/r16/45 these are 205/r16/50 thats probably where the problem lies.

If that is the case, then that's most likely the problem.

Derek

Lifer
yea its a subaru don't think they do have panhards think ill change the tyres and see what that does for me, ill get pics up soon gave them a quick clean.