WTD:Apexi/similar 3bar map sensor...

sanchez

Member +
As above, i think i have myself a apexi power fc ecu on the way soon, and all it needs i think is a map sensor.

Have been told that standard ones ok for 1.1bar but will be running more than that :D

So mr2 turbo, ST205 map sensor also?

faisalgtturbo

Member +
i cant remember what the gt4/mr2 turbo map sensor is rated for

i think it was considered a slight inprovement over stock.....

have a look on ebay for uprated map sensors...

cosworth 3 bar etc...

faisal

BallıGee

Member +
you would need to adj the pim offset if your going though the main car loom
this is done though the data logit software

or if your buying the boost control kit the sensor has its own loom that goes into the side of the power fc and the you just go into the options and tick boost ctr (on)

scale kg/m2/v offset kg/m2

normal pim 5246 3785

apexi pim 5300 3785

sw20 pim 6986 5592

this is what mine is set at others may have it a bit differnt its some thing to do with the way the tuner scales it for your tune

when on base settings my scale was 6585 and 3200 that on my apexi pim

hope u understand if not speak to your tuner

dac69er

Super Moderator
TBH i dont understand it mate,

So better to buy the apexi boost controller kit?

just buy a rev 3 mr2 or st205 map sensor and then all you need to do is change the setting on the power fc and you can read up to about 1.3 bar accurately.

unless you want to read a bit higher than 1.3 bar and have the boost controller on the power fc.

BallıGee

Member +
just buy a rev 3 mr2 or st205 map sensor and then all you need to do is change the setting on the power fc and you can read up to about 1.3 bar accurately.

unless you want to read a bit higher than 1.3 bar and have the boost controller on the power fc.

if he gets a mr2 sensor he can do it though the comander if he dont it will need to be done though the datalogit software

sanchez

Member +
Well i hope to be running 1.5/6 bar tbh lads, so your saying better to get the apexi kit?
Will have a look now

dac69er

Super Moderator
if he gets a mr2 sensor he can do it though the comander if he dont it will need to be done though the datalogit software

i know, thats why i suggested the sw20/st205 or apexi sensor as they can be selected on the commander.

sanchez

Member +
Cheers for your help Dunc and Gee :D repped.

one more question Gee, i should have the ecu and commander, then buy the boost controller kit, is there anything else i need?