wtk ASAP rings and head gasket info

A172

Member +
Hey guys, I'm doing a standard rebuild currently and I am in need of this info...

I've done numerous searches and have yet to find concrete answers, I'm hoping I may get one here :confused:

New parts for the 4efte are unavailable in my country, so I'm making do with what is...what i need to know is this exactly:

Can the piston rings and headgasket from the 4efe work on the 4efte hands down? Are they the same?

I know there is always debate on this, but I'm hoping I can get definite answers from someone who may know so i can move along with the rebuild :(

I can get the 4efe parts from our local Toyota, so this info will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

speedvision

Member +
Hey guys, I'm doing a standard rebuild currently and I am in need of this info...

I've done numerous searches and have yet to find concrete answers, I'm hoping I may get one here :confused:

New parts for the 4efte are unavailable in my country, so I'm making do with what is...what i need to know is this exactly:

Can the piston rings and headgasket from the 4efe work on the 4efte hands down? Are they the same?

I know there is always debate on this, but I'm hoping I can get definite answers from someone who may know so i can move along with the rebuild :(

I can get the 4efe parts from our local Toyota, so this info will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

am in the usa and can help u out with parts if u need but to answer ur question yes they will work..

sam

A172

Member +
waw...thanks a lot for the quick reply...

I'm getting the 4efe rings and headgasket for $206US(when using the conversion rate down here)

is this good or pricey?

speedvision

Member +
waw...thanks a lot for the quick reply...

I'm getting the 4efe rings and headgasket for $206US(when using the conversion rate down here)

is this good or pricey?

yeah i would say its a good price....toyota gasket is around 65 usds and rings about 70-100 or less....then u have to add shipping so i would say its ok

sam

sx_turbo

Lifer
i dont know what the difference is fella, but i will assume the difference is in the gaps possibly as toyota sell them pre gapped.

also the pistons are different on the 4efe to the 4efte

A172

Member +
k...thanks

well I don't really care to deal with the headache that may arise if they are in fact not the same...so I just ordered original ep82 4efte pistons and rings out of Toyota Barbados...

came up to $420USD using the conversion rate...

will get the headgasket locally....

Thanks again for the responses guys.