zenaracing decat&mani?(autobhan88)

gt-stu

Member +
hey guys,my mani and downpipe have both seen better days.there both stainless steel ones.both been welded up many times!!.

saw these zenaracing ones on ebay,yes there cheap at like £65 posted for decat and £100 for a mani.but has anyone bought 1?.im led to beleive there autobhan88 items.

they cheapo stainless ones on the car have been on for the best part of four years!!
any info would be spot on chaps.......
stu

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Any links Stu? Usually if you pay peanuts you get monkies but I've never even seen them or used so can't comment just going on previous personal experience. For that price you may as well try and tell us!

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah that's ridiculously cheap, worryingly cheap! Don't forget the VAT and shipping when you import but if your willing to be the test sheep then why not, if you have a MIG welder then happy days worth a go, make sure you let us know what happens! :)

No wonder there are material shortages in Japan Hong Kong have robbed the lot!

T

gt-stu

Member +
Yeah that's ridiculously cheap, worryingly cheap! Don't forget the VAT and shipping when you import but if your willing to be the test sheep then why not, if you have a MIG welder then happy days worth a go, make sure you let us know what happens! :)

No wonder there are material shortages in Japan Hong Kong have robbed the lot!

T

ahh yeah,clean forgot about about vat/tax!.is it our vat we pay as in 17.5 %?
ill weld up my mani and pipe just now.gota make sure my engine is ok.

i just bought back my very first starlet that i had 3 years ago with melted pistons.the lad gave me another engine with it though.

putting it in on friday so see how it goes.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah around 29.5% with VAT and customs, nice to get the old dog back eh!

Good luck with the build and keep us up to speed :)

T

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
I've never understood why people have bought cheap manifolds on the basis 'if it cracks, I'll just buy another they are so cheap' or 'its so cheap I might aswell'.

Buy, cheap, buy twice...3 times....

Monkfish

Member +
It would be less hastle and more productive to just put your money down the drain..

I'd tend to agree with that statement. Cheap doesn't always mean tat, but exhaust components? You really do have to ask yourself if they're made from kitkat wrappers. Let's not forget, the manifold takes some serious abuse. It supports most of the weight of the turbo and has to withstand temperatures ~1100 deg C...

DSC_3605.jpg

gt-stu

Member +
ha thats a mint pic of the manifold.im nae worried got a welder and can weld better than paying megabucks for 1.if it cracks...weld it.ill make up a brace for the mani and downpipe.

goldenvtr

Member +
Well there the same as Dave Burwash has just started selling if no1 noticed they actually have an autobahn88 plate on them, shame the downpipe isnt braced but there a pretty reputable company.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well they certainly look good, and yeah 65 quid for a downpipe? its basically giving it away but i dont see why you dont give it a try! always been a bit squeemish with ebay items tho

jabran200

Member +
I've ordered from them (silicon hoses) eventhough they say their products are zena racing they are actually autobahn88 products (probabbly the same people). The hoses were pretty good though.