1 bar ct9 on a forged engine...

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Ok this may say sound silly from the title, only thing is, that Ive got a forged engine all run in ok, ive got ross flat tops and still using the standard headgasket, done a compression test got about 170 on each. Before everyone says thats high, i know , I learnt after it was rebuilt that im gonna need a bigger headgasket and stuff (when a bit more money and a bigger turbo comes round the corner). but for now does everyone think il be ok to run a bar on ct9? many thanks :)

Mike_ep91

Member +
a bar on a ct9 is nothin really for a forged engine im close to runnin a bar and im using standard internals as are alot of people.so you wont have any bother at all.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
1 bar on a ct9 isnt too bad tbh! and i think standard compression is 180psi sorry but im not 100% on that, either way ur engine sounds healthy

danturbo4311

Member +
Iv been running a ct9 at a bar on my forged 4e for a good few months now, always warm it up obviously before pushing it but been up pod twice and run it up the strip several times, aswell as having it RR several times too (& going up lakeside in it most weekends lol) been well impressed so far. See how it goes with my bigger turbo in a month or twos time

froshtyv

Member +
Make sure you dont use the standard exhaust manifold at 1 bar though,
The ct9 will produce alot of heat at 1 bar aswell, so make sure you can cool the air properly before it gets to your intake.

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea youll definetly need mani along with the fuelling properly set up as the forged piston are not invincible they will take the power of a ct9 & larger turbos aslong the fuelling/ignition is set up correctly.

profane

Member +
is the stock ex. mani. really restrictive that changing it is a must? could it be ported or some restrictive part removed by deburring tool?

froshtyv

Member +
is the stock ex. mani. really restrictive that changing it is a must? could it be ported or some restrictive part removed by deburring tool?

Have you ever seen the difference between an aftermarket one and the stock?
The runners are alot better in an aftermarket one, quite poor on the stock one and there 3rd runner is a joke on the stock one anyway.

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea you can port them but may aswell just pick up a stainless one there cheap anyway saves you worrying about you damaging your engine plus aftermarket ones look nicer lol

cole

Member +
yes i have briefly. whats wrong with the 3rd one? iv heard this before.

it has a restriction in the 3rd runner so heat builds up alot more on no 3 piston

when running higher boost its gonna heat up alot more in no 3 and eventually damage the piston

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Dan you said get the fuelling set up propoerly, you mean rr, I was just gonna run 3 bar on the fpr and ill be fine?? Thanks for all your help!

GTdan

In The Closet
Dan you said get the fuelling set up propoerly, you mean rr, I was just gonna run 3 bar on the fpr and ill be fine?? Thanks for all your help!

in theory yes, but im presuming you have an fcd? this will lean out the fuelling, so as soon as its fitted and boost is increased, get your AFRs checked - dont want to be running it to lean/rich!