460cc Injectors Stuck!

Pav

Member +
Hey guys,

I have a set of 460cc injectors originally sourced from speedvision. They've been sat in a sealed package for a good 6 months now. About 2-3 months ago I bought them from a local member and fitted them. Unfortunately they wont fire up (the engine doesnt start after long cranking). Fuel is getting to the injectors but they just wont spray! So they've just been sat in my glovebox in an unsealed package for a couple of months now doing nothing.

I've been told that injectors if left for extended periods can "stick" shut. I read some threads on here about freeing them. I have tried using shock and unlock spray and wd40 on them and also tapping/dropping them to see if that helps. None of this has worked so far. :mad:

Any ideas on what to do with them? I have contacted an injector cleaning company regarding getting them cleaned again (since they came with flow charts showing them working). Im waiting to hear back from them.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Pav

speedvision

Member +
Hey guys,

I have a set of 460cc injectors originally sourced from speedvision. They've been sat in a sealed package for a good 6 months now. About 2-3 months ago I bought them from a local member and fitted them. Unfortunately they wont fire up (the engine doesnt start after long cranking). Fuel is getting to the injectors but they just wont spray! So they've just been sat in my glovebox in an unsealed package for a couple of months now doing nothing.

I've been told that injectors if left for extended periods can "stick" shut. I read some threads on here about freeing them. I have tried using shock and unlock spray and wd40 on them and also tapping/dropping them to see if that helps. None of this has worked so far. :mad:

Any ideas on what to do with them? I have contacted an injector cleaning company regarding getting them cleaned again (since they came with flow charts showing them working). Im waiting to hear back from them.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Pav

here is some helpful info which helped most if not all of those who had this problem

"When The pintle mechanism is stuck. This is a common occurrence with all types of injectors and is a simple fix. While the injector is hooked up to the harness and fuel rail lightly tap at the base of the injector casing and 99% of the time it will unstuck it’s self and won’t get stuck again as long it has fuel in it. Hope this helps"

got this info direct from the company.

sam

sx_turbo

Lifer
take it to some one who has an injector cleaning/flow test machine, probably best to find somewhere that has an asnu injector machine machine

Pav

Member +
here is some helpful info which helped most if not all of those who had this problem

"When The pintle mechanism is stuck. This is a common occurrence with all types of injectors and is a simple fix. While the injector is hooked up to the harness and fuel rail lightly tap at the base of the injector casing and 99% of the time it will unstuck it’s self and won’t get stuck again as long it has fuel in it. Hope this helps"

got this info direct from the company.

sam

Ok bro, cheers for the info. Does this process have to be performed while the engine is cranking or can I just tap them while they are sitting in place in the rail?

Cheers Ricky, I might well be doing that if I cant get em to fire up today. :)

yo pav
the light tapping at the base seems to work for "freeing"'' them up in most cases

its one of those simple things that just works:)

Pav

Member +
Just to update, I've tried tapping the injectors while the engine was cranking but this has not worked.

Theyre gonna be sent off to Injector Tune, a company that cleans and revives them properly. Hopefully this will yeild the result I want.