4efe turbo conversion??is it worth it for power gains?

C

CaL

as above,was talking to pete last night i.e smythy75....

and i asked him about 4efte conversions innto a UK spec ep91...

anyway after i gave him lots of annoyance and after lots of help from him i found it its harder than i thought due to the loom etc...so me and my mate were thinking....

''why not turbo the 4efe??'' so i asked pete and toby and theyve both said its not woth it,but you get cinquecentos-fiesta zetec-s's that are turbo and theyre high compression,and only run low boost say 5-7 psi and see better gains...

has any one ever thought about it?im thinking now and if we could acheive 110+bhp that would make us happy....escpecially on his budget

were thinking of this

4efte parts:

inlet manifold
throttle body
exhaust manifold
ct9
gutted cat
fmic
hks actuator-to run 0.5 bar
fpr
sump?
water-oil lines?
what other mechanical parts would it need from a 4efte?the sump would be needed because of the oil feed for the turbo wouldnt it?

i would really apriciate good worth while posts here please.if you think its pointless then say a gennuine good reason please.cheers

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
to be honest cal i don't think it would be worth while. fuel managment would be one thing.

C

CaL

what do you mean frank?like the ecu?wouldnt a fpr help out?or would it be easier to get a differ ecu say from a glanza,because if it is,we might aswell go 4efte:(

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Well thats one way, but to be honest you spend so much time transfering bits from a GT to the starlet that you might aswell go the loom and engine route

C

CaL

because he hasnt enough money lol...we are gonna build it up over time,mike aka gilly2006 was gonna do this bare time ago if any one can remember?i think we might aswell go ahead with it,see what happens,and if it does what the hell.....4efte:)....you never know,might turn out to be a good wee conversion:p

because he hasnt enough money lol...we are gonna build it up over time,mike aka gilly2006 was gonna do this bare time ago if any one can remember?i think we might aswell go ahead with it,see what happens,and if it does what the hell.....4efte:)....you never know,might turn out to be a good wee conversion:p

lol id tell him to save until he does mate

and your insuance will go up aswell

sx_turbo

Lifer
speak to autofixed cal. he has done this many a time.

i personally think it would be easier just to swap the bits from the gt/glanza and put them into the uk starlet.

C

CaL

yeah thing is....the looms are difficult to wire up,and im not sure what id be doing and id need to rewire plugs etc....would be a hell of a lot easier for me to add parts onto the 4efe....dont wanna be takin dash board off....autofixed...my car went there for a clutch ages ago....is petbeemer still on this site??

GT_Neil

Member +
unless you know what your doing IMO it will be costly and for the time effort and cost i could'nt justify such small power at the end.

either swap out with a glanza or GT again will be really expensive.

when you could just save and buy one already done lol, it makes sense, you will spend more on your plans now than you would on just buying one out right.

unless you could do all the work yourself...

C

CaL

il be doing 100% of work my self,no point paying someone £££ when i know how to do it lol....

Harvey

Member +
Anythings possible Cal, but just get your mate to save up for a GT or Glanza.

As Idrees, his insurance is a lot more then if he just bought a Glanza. There are insurance companies out there that are not too bad, but i personally would only go the route of adding a turbo/ engine swap if the vehicle was never available with it/ hard to get hold of which neither a GT or Glanza is

C

CaL

he dot know....he might just buy a damaged gt....fix it up then get insured next year

Mart

Member +
Check out the Australian Starlet Site Cal, They have turbo kits that can be used for the 4efe.

Gee

Member +
It can be done. Pete at Autofixed has done one. Run well due to the compression. After buying all the parts and paying for fitting etc thou, I would just recommend dropping in a 4EFTE. Got a base for further mods then also.

Toyota T23

Member +
Have a friend who turbo'ed his 4efe.
He took the mani and the turbo from 4efte, running with megasquirt ECU.
Running 0,75 bar on stock compression, and doing it for 6 month now.
So if you tune it right, it will work just fine.