4wd ep91- how would you go about it?

bigdoods

Member +
hey guys, i have just been thinking there about getting the power down on the glanza to get the whole effect. if one was to go about creating a 4wd one what drive train,gearbox and engine would you use? also has it ever been attempted? ex,could you use an evo engine,gearbox,transfer box etc and alter the drive shafts and engine mounts etc?
any ideas people?as the next one i build is going to be 4wd if i build a glanza. either that or just get an evo...

or even try for moving the chassis from ep85?

stuart

Member +
Think you're best off PM'ing the likes of Trevor, GAZ_EP85, other guys who have knowlegde of the 4wd versions.

bigdoods

Member +
ya prob.but i thought id open a thread on it as its a common question im asked is there any way of 4wd them and i never know the answer.and if there was one id imagine it would be 10second territory if done right

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
is traction that much of a problem though in say a td04 ep?

Surely good sticky slick tyres and some sort of launch control would pretty much do the trick?

madmanGT

Banned
big power in the 4 wheel drive ep will just shit itsefl id imagine unless you spend big bucks on the driveterain!

bigdoods

Member +
big power in the 4 wheel drive ep will just shit itsefl id imagine unless you spend big bucks on the driveterain!

according to thread below.this is a myth

is traction that much of a problem though in say a td04 ep?

Surely good sticky slick tyres and some sort of launch control would pretty much do the trick?

true but if i was fishing for more power

one of the best threads i have ever read on here

weeJohn

Lifer
There is an EP95 here in Northern Ireland, its running over 300bhp and its drivetrain is still in one piece. I have been running 250bhp for nearly 2 years and haven`t broke it yet, I do lots of drags and have done a few trackdays as well in it.

I dont think a 10 sec run would be in the 85/95`s limits, it would need lsd`s to break into that time bracket.

Its not an Evo set up.

bigdoods

Member +
There is an EP95 here in Northern Ireland, its running over 300bhp and its drivetrain is still in one piece. I have been running 250bhp for nearly 2 years and haven`t broke it yet, I do lots of drags and have done a few trackdays as well in it.

I dont think a 10 sec run would be in the 85/95`s limits, it would need lsd`s to break into that time bracket.

Its not an Evo set up.

interesting stuff.wouldn mind a look at the ep95.does it look like a normal ep91? can lsds be put in the boxs in a ep95?

weeJohn

Lifer
There are at least 4 of us looking for LSD`s for the EP`s 5 series, we havent had any luck yet, apart from getting one made custom.

Quoted about £850 for that!