5000 rpm rev limit

vtecklr

Fresh Recruit
have a 92 gt that was auto but now converted to manual fyi it was bought this way.at stand still or driving it wont rev pass 5000 to 5500.speedo meter is not hooked up because the cable is broken.one thing i notice is i get code at 5000 rpm while driving which i due to no speed input.could this be the issue?i would understand if it only happens while driving but what about when at stand still.shouldn it rev straight to 7200 limiter?

Last edited:

nistarbo

Member +
Do you know your full setup? What ecu is in there and other mods that you know of.oght help people understand a bit more where the problem lies

sx_turbo

Lifer
check all your earths,

i had an issue same as this, admitedly it was on a daihatsu sportrak not a starlet, but its worth checking.

i would also get that speedo wire repaired just incase.

Jay

Admin
The code 42 should flag up when the cable is AWOL somewhere between 2500-5000 rpm but I was almost certain it shouldn't restrict your engine. You could have two separate issues mate. I'd suggest fixing the one you can see before tackling the one you can't.

vtecklr

Fresh Recruit
Do you know your full setup? What ecu is in there and other mods that you know of.oght help people understand a bit more where the problem lies
still have the auto (ect)ecu.setup is a 5efhe with a t3/t4 external waste gate with 7psi spring walbro pump with 365s.runs good up to 5500.

vtecklr

Fresh Recruit
The code 42 should flag up when the cable is AWOL somewhere between 2500-5000 rpm but I was almost certain it shouldn't restrict your engine. You could have two separate issues mate. I'd suggest fixing the one you can see before tackling the one you can't.
thats what i thought as well.especially at stand still

Guye

Lifer
It could be that the tachometer may be faulty. Years back mine was reading around 5000rpms max but when we put a meter on the spark plug cable the engine was actually limiting at 8500rpm (jam ecu). I had to change the gauges. Just another possibility.

vtecklr

Fresh Recruit
It could be that the tachometer may be faulty. Years back mine was reading around 5000rpms max but when we put a meter on the spark plug cable the engine was actually limiting at 8500rpm (jam ecu). I had to change the gauges. Just another possibility.
thought that as well.

Mark-ep91

Member +
heard of same thing happened someone recently turned out timing belt slipped 2 teeth so id be checked that first