5efhe cams on 4e head

Monkfish

Member +
I don't think it'll work. The lift and duration on the 5E is likely to be different (Probably less) than that of the 4E (Turbo = shifting more air), so you wouldn't get any gains at all and might even lose power. I could be wrong on that though, I don't know the exact tech specs of the two cams, assuming they're different.

sussex_gti

Member +
I know alot of the Lancia/Fiat boys use n/a cams in the 8/16v turbo engines for more torque. Im sure someone can tell you alot more than me though.

tom_hunt

Member +
I read on here that an old member called "Tom Smith" who had the silver Glanza with Varis Carbon bonnet on, that had 5e cams in it.

Im sure a hand full of people have done it to be honest.

Tom

fur

Member +
I don't think it'll work. The lift and duration on the 5E is likely to be different (Probably less) than that of the 4E (Turbo = shifting more air), so you wouldn't get any gains at all and might even lose power. I could be wrong on that though, I don't know the exact tech specs of the two cams, assuming they're different.

quite the opposite, 5efhe cams have more lift and duration than 4efte cams and are a straight fit back once properly shimmed
there are gains to be had by putting in the fhe cams.

Gee

Member +
quite the opposite, 5efhe cams have more lift and duration than 4efte cams and are a straight fit back once properly shimmed
there are gains to be had by putting in the fhe cams.

What sort of gains are we talking about here?

E10

Member +
Yes the 5efhe cams fit bolt on on all 4e... engines i know pwople who run the on n/a 4efe and also 4efte!

But only the 5efhe cams have mor lift and give you some power!

But the 5efe cams you don't will fell a different!

p_a_green29

Member +
I had 5efhe cams in my old car... it made 238bph at 1.1 bar on a small td04

It felt like it had a little more pull off boost for sure - hard to tell on boost as i swapped to td04 at the same time.

Worth doing if you can get a set.. i didnt pay much for mine

mikeyb

Member +
going slightly of topic here, lol. is the 4efe head exactly the same as the 4efte head? could the 4efe head be used instead of the 4efte? thanks.

sx_turbo

Lifer
going slightly of topic here, lol. is the 4efe head exactly the same as the 4efte head? could the 4efe head be used instead of the 4efte? thanks.

yes

but i think the valves and valve springs may need changing, i am currently in the process of finding this out.

sx_turbo

Lifer
i just checked the toyota epc and they (4efe+4efte) use the same head, valves, springs, cams etc etc etc :)

Last edited: