air/fuel guage

GTnomez

Member +
if i buy one of these how do you connect it up?? it says from the o2 sensor which is where now? i assume it reads from the lambda sensor but i am unsure of how to fit it? anybody know?

also can i use this to adjust whether im rich or lean?? or do i have to still go on the RR?? its just that all fueling places are booked for a while and i need to get this done!!!

Dane_Bristol

Member +
If you buy the AEM one i know it comes with the bung that would weld into you decat or downpipe mate.

Its a complete standalone kit and reads from its own sensor that is supplied with the kit. Yes ultimately you want it to be adjusted at the rolling road in terms of getting it remapped but all depends what it is reading when its fitted.

GTnomez

Member +
what about the autoguage ones?? i assume they are different to the AEM ones, and again where do i connect it?

so i have to definately go on the RR to see it its correct? can i not connect it up (omce i know how) and then adjust my fpr in the optimal range?

thanx dane for a quick reply

Dane_Bristol

Member +
what about the autoguage ones?? i assume they are different to the AEM ones, and again where do i connect it?

so i have to definately go on the RR to see it its correct? can i not connect it up (omce i know how) and then adjust my fpr in the optimal range?

thanx dane for a quick reply

Not sure about the auto guage products mate. It comes wit hte a bung or adaptor that allows it to be welded and fitted into your decat. The reading is then displayed on the guage which will be in your car. You cant adjust your A/F ratio with the wideband its merely there to give you the readings you would need the tuner to do the fine work of getting the A/F ratios to what is considered safe.

GTnomez

Member +
im a noob, sorry but i have no idea what you said but i assume its better to get it set up on the RR? and they can tune it into the safe area?

thanx again

WallaceGlanza

Member +
The autogauge will be narrowband gauge which is much less accurate than a wideband like the aem and pretty much pointless, it will give you a rough idea of the fuelling but certainly not allow you to set the car up with it.

The lambda is the o2 sensor, to wire the gauge just splice into the wire from the ecu for the o2 sensor reading. You can find the ecu wiring diagram in the tutorials section.

GTnomez

Member +
thanks, im gona have to book ity in then, i could be arsed to typoe wallace glanza even tho i just did, so.....
thanks again wally!!!