Aircon removal good idea??

GTAJ

Fresh Recruit
hey guys whos removed there aircon?? is it worth it?? thinking of getting a air filter relocation kit fron TT.

munday

Member +
Everyone will say yes bin it, but I'll get in there quick and say i love my AC, been using it a lot recently. You can relocate without loosing the AC but not right to the front ;)

Glanza_cl

Member +
yeah loads will say bin it, i did but i never used my aircon anyway lol
one bit of advice dont get the toy tuning relocation kit, the piping is good but the filter is shite i have it and it's split only had it about 5 months or so.

get the aircon out and get a monster motorsport relocation kit :)

Jay

Admin
Everything was fine till you mentioned TT mate..

The aircon is usually removed to remove weight and yes there is a good few kgs in the compressor. It does have an advantage in the summer traffic though and I'm glad the little japanese guy left it in the 5E I'm driving - Bonus!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Just remember to have it professionally emptied first if you do want to remove it. It is illegal and dangerous to work on a filled air con system.

jay-glanza-v

Fresh Recruit
get rid mate sounds awsome, looks awsome. who needs air-con wen yav got windows,ha but make ya own kit much cheeper and easier...

Dane_Bristol

Member +
It phisically never gets hot enough to even use the air con i find the windows suffice for me anyways lol, each to their own i suppose.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
really?, i was told how to do it and gave it a go myself :)

Really. Yes you can just release it into the atmosphere but it is 100% illegal and can do some damage to you. Any work done on a full air con system is illegal if it means that gas may be released into the atmosphere.

Jay

Admin
really?, i was told how to do it and gave it a go myself :)

Naturally you got a licensed, trained technican to drain the system otherwise you could be fined heavily by the department of the environment. Two points to add:

1) Probably best to rephrase it so as the authorities don't hunt your ass down via your IP address.

2) Don't come crying to us when the ozone layer falls out of the sky and you get third degree burns from the midday sun.

lol :haha:

Sharkman645

Member +
Naturally you got a licensed, trained technican to drain the system otherwise you could be fined heavily by the department of the environment. Two points to add:

1) Probably best to rephrase it so as the authorities don't hunt your ass down via your IP address.

2) Don't come crying to us when the ozone layer falls out of the sky and you get third degree burns from the midday sun.

im having flash backs of the aircon removal day i remember that it wasnt me who emptied it a mystical figure entered the garage and showed me his license for air con removal and he emptied it for legal reasons and disappeared in a puff of the gas and that was the last time i ever seen him.

I hope you will visit to apply the cream to my burns :haha:

Big_Daddy

Member +

^^ lol

army.gif