Alex says hello

Alex NL

Fresh Recruit
Hi everybody!

I'd like to introduce myself; my name is Alex, I'm 25 y/o and I live in the Netherlands, in the Rotterdam area.

I'm on my second EP71 now. I got my first one, which was my first car, in 2005. It looked pretty cool, lowered -80mm in the front, and -70mm in the rear on yellow Koni struts with a full body kit and a nice audi/vw blue colour. It also had the 2E-E fuel injected engine. The previous owner was getting ready to fit it with the 4E-FTE engine when money troubles struck :(
Sadly, it didn't pass it's MOT in 2006. To get the 17 (!) failure points fixed (I didn't realise at that time that I could have done a LOT of maintanence/repairs myself) would have cost me at least double of what a regular second-hand EP71 cost around that time, and seeing as I wanted to get a fresh paint job done anyway, I went ahaid and got me a P7 1.3XL Soleil, grey, took al the 'valuable' parts of off my old one and started from scratch.
Well everything went according to plan, be it a bit slower than I had wanted but maybe I'm just a bit too laid back :cool:
In the meantime I came across a good offer on JDM Turbo S bodyparts, frontbumper, bonnet and grille, and fitted them. I had my hands on, and quickly sold the matching skirts, as I don't think they get close enough to the ground :p
I think it looks really sweet (as in bad-ass) and started agreeing more and more with other Starlet enthusiasts that it needed a little more OOMPF under the bonnet, to match the way it looks, or at least to make to scoop on the bonnet usefull. I never felt quite much for the idea of putting a 4E-FTE in as one would've had to **** around with the carb/injection conversion..
Just recently people pointed out to me a once in a lifetime ... This guy in Holland who does a lot of engine/frontcut importing had a 1988 EP71 Turbo S frontcut with the 110HP 2E-TELU engine coming our way. Nice. But what convinced me to get it was that it included the original fuel tank, which has the built-in fuel pump. So no messing around with fuel lines and swirl pots and what not! :D When I started to disassemble the frontcut I found that it also included the complete wiring harnass, which makes it pretty much plug-and-play!
Now I'm just taking my time taking the frontcut apart, and labeling all plugs on the harnass. I'm in absolutely no rush to swap engines/harnasses/fuel tanks, I just want to be sure to do everything right in one go on this one.

So here I am, just trying to stay in the loop of everything Starlet that goes PSSSHT !!

Some pictures will shollow fortly!

Alex

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Welcome to the forum. We are going to need pics of these cars you have owned, they sound cool!

KevinK

Member +
Welcome Alex,

nice to see you''ve found TGTT, i can't wait to see that engine in mate!

fire up some pics for these people or i will!

Sparkie

Fresh Recruit
hi Alex!
wow long introduction :p guess you had some spare time or just bored at work? ;)
ofc no rush, but hurry up with that thing! wanna hear it running :haha:

Alex NL

Fresh Recruit
Thanks to all for the warm welcomings !

As promised, here's a few pictures of my 2.5 rides:

My first EP71:
starlet7cs.jpg
ep711foto2.jpg

ep711foto3.jpg
ep711foto4.jpg

My second EP71 upon purchase:
ep712foto1.jpg
ep712foto2.jpg

Minutes after the paint dried & fully loaded with 4x 8000k xenon lights:
ep712foto3.jpg
ep712foto4.jpg

Anyone notice the license plates on both Starlets? That was a coincidence if ever there was one !

Now for the latest addi(c)tion, my 1988 EP71 Turbo S frontcut :)

ep713foto1.jpg
ep713foto2.jpg

ep713foto3.jpg
ep713foto4.jpg

I also made a little flick of when the guy selling it showed me everything worked properly an' all, click here to watch! (yes - that is my happy face)

Enjoy !