any ideas for circlip alternative after fitting actuator!

hi guys me and a friend got my hks actuator fitted yesterday had to set it at what seems to be 0.6 as its boost creeping to 0.8bar after 5000rpm!:mad: but the bloody thing is i lost the bloody circlips:slap:
dont ask how i lost the two of them(old one on stock actuator, and new one) but i did:haha:

and i noticed itll stay in place for a while but pop out and leave me with no boost and its not simply pull in and pop the pin back in the hole as its far too hot to touch for guts of half hour after turning off the car!

i tried my local motor factors and halfords and a local hardware store and they dont have any circlips any ideas on a replacement for circlip that would stop it slipping out?

i never have luck with bloody cars:( im annoyed between boost creep and not being able to find circlips anywhere:mad: turbos are a nuisance like bloody babies:mad:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
If your local motor factors dont have a circlip,or even a g clip they shouldnt be called a motor factors lmao.

For now use speaker wire and double it on itself and wrap it around it,or some stronger wire if you have it.

As for creeping,double check you have the actuator fitted tightly,it could be moving and not becoming solid until extended.
Alot of factors lead to boost creep,could a number of things.

i know sure them motor factors are a joke wanting 80euro for iridium plugs aswell they told me when i asked them for a price:slap:

was thinking of speaker wire ill give it ago:) will it cope with the heat down there?

i had boost creep before i fitted the actuator ill have to put the efi pipe back on but ive lost the rubber reducer that goes on to the turbo air intake im a header for loosing things:haha: would a jubille clip hold the efi pipe to the intake on turbo or would it slip off?

I just robbed one of those skinny brown hair clips off the woman stuck it through the hole and twisted it with a pliers its still there after nearly a year lol.

GT_Irl

Member +
actuatorc-clipalt2.jpg

1. Cut a rectangle strip of metal
2. Fold twice to make an 'n'
3. Drill a hole in each of the "walls" of the n
4. Tap one and fit a screw
5. Fit and screw in screw with a short screwdriver. Screw will hold actuator arm and wastegate arm together

edit: you could just tap the hole with the screw is well ;)

Last edited:

GT_Irl

Member +
Tapped M4 but use an M3??
That aint right....

OOPS! Bin a while since I did engineering..I though it was always one less than you tap? or is it one more? Save the mistake....does the drawing make sense..lol!

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Mate use a R clip you can get these from any motor store or halfords if you have to.. Iv done mine like that and it holds on fine.

Rep if it helps Ill try and get a picture