ARB clearance with WL ALK

Texx

Super Moderator
Has anyone had bottom arm to ARB clearance issues since fitting a WL ALK?

I've only really noticed this since fitting the BC's, but my front roll bar is pretty well much touching the lower arms and making an annoying knocking/creaking noise when driving. I was going to make some plates up the same thickness as the WL ALK plates to space the roll bar down slightly and increase the clearance.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue as it seems a little odd to me.

Gryzor

Admin
I've a TRD ARB, its close but i haven't noticed it knocking
IMG_3495.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg

madman

Member +
yeah exact same prob terry.. i disassembled mine the other day and greased the fuck outta them and it made it a bit better its still their tho

Texx

Super Moderator
So it's not just me then, at least that's something.

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have a pair of plates made up with these dimensions and what type of aluminium flat bar to have them made out of?

ARBplate.jpg

The width could be extended from 44mm to 50mm if it's easier to get 10mm x 50mm flat bar.

Texx

Super Moderator
I couldn't find any flat aluminium bar in B&Q, so if I'm going to have to get some from a fabricator, I may as well get them to chop it up and drill some holes in it. I don't want a whole length of the stuff, just a couple of plates that can be made from off cuts.

I'm not 100% sure if any old type of aluminium will do the job, or it needs to be of a particular grade?

GTnomez

Member +
ive got the same problem, when i turn it makes an real horrible clonking noise. I have a TRD 24mm front arb and the anti lift kit.

Texx

Super Moderator
The bottom of my lower arms are actually touching the ARB. The lower arms have a shiny patch where they rub when moving. The idea of the above plates I want to make up are to space the ARB down 10mm from the lower arms.

akaye4000

Member +
do you have a friend in engineering? if so they can get hold of it easy as i always get stuff like that off my dad:p he even made me hubcentric spacers:)

Texx

Super Moderator
Just a little update for those of you with this issue. My car failed the MOT today for exactly this issue, the front ARB rubbing the lower arms.

So I will be making up some plates either tomorrow or Thursday to drop the front ARB down. I also think that the ARB is stopping full adjustment of the ALK, so after I fit these plates, I'll confirm if I am able to adjust the lower arm out any further.

dac69er

Super Moderator
So it's not just me then, at least that's something.

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to have a pair of plates made up with these dimensions and what type of aluminium flat bar to have them made out of?

ARBplate.jpg

The width could be extended from 44mm to 50mm if it's easier to get 10mm x 50mm flat bar.

i made some out of some 10mm stainless plate. cost me fuck all. just stuck some 10mm longer bolts in.

didnt make any noticeable difference tbh

Gtstu

Member +
Just a little update for those of you with this issue. My car failed the MOT today for exactly this issue, the front ARB rubbing the lower arms.

So I will be making up some plates either tomorrow or Thursday to drop the front ARB down. I also think that the ARB is stopping full adjustment of the ALK, so after I fit these plates, I'll confirm if I am able to adjust the lower arm out any further.

what did they actually fail it for? whats written on the failure sheet?