ARC TMIC - Performance?

SupaStu

Member +
Hi, i'm thinking of getting one of these new, to replace my Toyota TMIC. Anyone here have one, and what are your opinions of it? Is there much difference in running one to stock? Any benefits etc? I can get one new for about £570.

Cheers guys.

fred

Member +
Surly it still fundamentally flawed because of its position? A front mount would be alot more efficient and minimalise heatsoak.

59bhp

Member +
im not sure a front mount would be more efficient but you will prob get better results from a front mount.

Im getting one as i do a LOT of motorway driving and the debris would just destroy it, whereas with a top mount your safe, plus i have a bit of a penchant for rare items and also you get to have the name ARC under your bonnet. All tarty answers but it fits the bill for me.

As for heat soak im gonna be using a nitrous cooling bar and throttle switch, im pretty sure that when needed, it will make the intake charge cooler than that of a front mount.

Last edited:

SupaStu

Member +
Yeah I don't want a front mount, wanting to keep car near stock setup, with mild and easy upgrades, plus minimal change for insurance.

Yeah I like the look of the ARC as well, always prefer to have something a wee bit different at times.

Cheers for the link.

Jay

Admin
Yeah I don't want a front mount, wanting to keep car near stock setup, with mild and easy upgrades, plus minimal change for insurance.

Yeah I like the look of the ARC as well, always prefer to have something a wee bit different at times.

Cheers for the link.

An ARC would be perfect for your needs then Stu. As Richey states it takes all of two minutes to fit and offers more than the stock unit in terms of performance.

The price is steep compared to regular FMIC options but worth it if chopping your bumper and moving the numberplate aren't part of your agenda.