Are people just going off GT's?

Rick

Trader
Hi guys, as some of you might be aware I am selling my GT. I have owned it for just over 8 years and she is in great condition and is still one of the nicest condition GT's I've ever seen. When I put it up for sale I expected people to bite my arm off as I challenge anybody to find such a nice GT which has been owned by the same owner for the last 8 years. But people just don't seem interested in it.

Personally I think that everybody seems to be after Glanzas and nobody seems to like the GT's anymore. What ever happened to people wanting to be different? My Mk1 is very individual and I am a real purist when it comes to modding and personally (I know I'm biased) but I consider it to be one of the nicest GT's on here, or anywhere for that matter. I have some really rare items on it but it still stays true to the origional GT design, and she is as quick as you like, and in 8 years she has never let me down once.

Here she is:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?p=255751#post255751

What do you guys think the problem is cause I'm well confused.:(

steveatyork

Member +
re

peronally if it was me. i would have it for 3.5k ur getting alot for the money. 1 thing i arnt to keen on is the colour. but thats personal preff. maybe people are skint:)

Rick

Trader
I always used to want a black one but as time has gone on I now much prefer the grey, it is a very rare colour but still looks great and I like it being a very rare colour as well.

Jay

Admin
If I didn't already have one she would be sitting in my driveway Rick.

And before you ask I already have a daily driver and track machine. No more days left in the week for another!

Rick

Trader
LOL!!!

I know mate. There are a lot of people who have given great compliments about it but so far everybody seems to be buying Glanzas and bypassing mine....And they are missing a real treat. It's just so frustrating:flame:

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
If I didn't already have one she would be sitting in my driveway Rick.

And before you ask I already have a daily driver and track machine. No more days left in the week for another!

You forgot you can have this as the weekend car Jay.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
probably due to the age unfortunatley man, people willl look at it and think..

there probably younger than the car!

thats just my opinion neway but its defo sweet

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can get a glanza for the same money. the main thing people say is they look more modern, plus older cars scare people off because they think they will be more expensive to run.

i think old school is cool ;)

Bullet00th

Member +
I've got a Glanza, but I still prefer the look of the GT. Especially in that colour!! Really can't understand with someone hasn't bought your GT Rick. Really clean example and very nice spec! Madness.

Matt

Jay

Admin
You forgot you can have this as the weekend car Jay.

I got her sis sitting here mate, she keeps me busy at the weekends..

Rick's, mine and AlanD's were all the same spec, trim and colour from factory. A tale of three sisters so far - I haven't found anymore of them so if there are any please stand up and be counted.

Phil

Super Moderator
id def have a clean mk1 in the future!
glanza's just arent for me lol (though ive seen some nice white ones locally!)

its a bit like golfs, mk1 2 and mk3s, mk3s may have been slightly better advanced in some ways, but the mk1 and 2's are stuff of legend!!

FerryScoob

Member +
I got her sis sitting here mate, she keeps me busy at the weekends..

Rick's, mine and AlanD's were all the same spec, trim and colour from factory. A tale of three sisters so far - I haven't found anymore of them so if there are any please stand up and be counted.

Me. It will be up for sale soon.

PIC00045.jpg

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Think it is very clean and very mint looking but personally i would far from say one of the nicest ive seen..... (not being rude mate) so please dont take offense.

I just think it looks completely standard bar the wheels, correct me if im wrong? Very clean, by all means worth the money you ask.

FerryScoob

Member +
Your car looks mint. I had the same prob with my scoob too many rough cheap cars around for people to understand the value of a mint car.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Your car looks mint. I had the same prob with my scoob too many rough cheap cars around for people to understand the value of a mint car.

happens with any car. a few cheap shitters on auto trader and people think that is the market value of a decent one too.
its a shame but thats the way of the world :confused:

Bluebear

Member +
If I had the cash, was able to afford insurance, I'd have it off you in a flash. Sorely wanting a GT! Need to get a friggin job though, uni is bleeding me dry.

muthaducka

Member +
A buyer will turn up, I think it's just all about timing and luck.
I paid £3600 for a 91 GT this year that looked in my eyes a lot more alluring than yours in the photos.

My thoughts would be (only a suggestion)
Clean the engine bay up and blacken all the pipework etc, it looks a bit dusty under there.
Remove the picture with the old porsche style alloys, a handy idea for winter but I think they just make the car look older.
Get some shots of the interior or more creative scenery shots in bright sunlight. Give it it's best shot.
Don't mention the mileage, let someone ask
Big up the 8 years ownership and list the dated service history in a long list.

That's it for my ideas, might help.

Get an advert on pistonheads free of charge and an advert on the uksc forum.
Maybe consider a lower value p/x if you are really struggling and then get rid of that.

xxjack189

Member +
probably due to the age unfortunatley man, people willl look at it and think..

there probably younger than the car!

thats just my opinion neway but its defo sweet
i would agree with that personally i prefer the gt s myself but the age is a bit off putting even though a well cared for care is far better than an abused modern one anyway i hope she sells for you.:gt-smilie:

Lornce

Member +
you will get what your asking for your car as its a bargain, the market is just really slow at the moment!

i hope the market goes up for starlets as i dont want to lose lots of money if i ever sell mine! i would of thought they would go up in value as they are quite rare and only get rarer (people crashing, breaking etc)

Anyone think the same?