Autobahn Manifold and De-cat pipe.

Trevor

Member +
I am not slagging these products but I tried to fit these to a Glanza last weekend and they don't fit.With the manifold it is impossible to get one of the nuts back on even tried to fit the stud as you would a bolt but to no avail.The de-cat pipe is a similar story one of the nuts just hasn't room to fit.I would not fit parts like these unless i can get all the original nuts and studs on.It would be so easy for the manufacturer to rectify these faults.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Yep mate seems to be a common fault with these " Cheeper " items, just not the quality of the more expencive items, you get what you paid for i'm afread

ChrisGT

Member +
My autobahn mani went on fine, not a single problem. Guess its just inconsistency due to lack of qaulity control...which is a shame!

Gryzor

Admin
pics

Trev thanks for kicking this off, v. busy this week in work and got the boost gauge and jam fcd fitted on Tuesday ;) just need to set the HKS actuator now ;) But anyway back to this thread as Trevor already mentioned he had the nasty task of trying to fit these parts to my '98 Glanza ....

The mani in question, there's a know issue with the third stud hole from the top left even with Trevor trying to "thin" the bolt down to fit it just wouldn't....

SNV80230.jpg

and the decat ...

SS100548.jpg

SS100545.jpg

get the bolt on here. :homer: ...

IMG_1156.jpg

Solution get a Blitz Decat with optional flamer kit ;) ....

IMG_1157.jpg

and

IMG_1158.jpg

Thanks again Trev great job on the exhaust :)

Ive got this worry aswell, when looking at the manifold it just looks shite,lol. Did you manage to get the stud on? Dont want to strip it all down and not manage to fit it :(

Jules-B

Member +
I have noticed the same problem when fitting japspeed/autobahn, chinese crap decats to mr2's..None of them fit properly. in the end the customer ended up spending enough money with us to get it to fit, when he could have just bought a decent one in the first place!

Rik

Member +
Nasty cheapness bleh! I have got an autobahn fmic though an fitted fine, just needed to hack abit of pipe that was too long an it fitted together mint an not had a problem so can't fault it really, will upgrade at a later date though I imagine! Wouldn't like to have a cheap mani or decat though!

L900CMC

Member +
Thats the decat i have and im sorry but its pure shite,think jay will back me up on that one as he had to fit it,wen you pay 150 notes for somethin you expect it to be an easy and good fit

oh and wen i complained there customer service stank,so in 3 words

DO NOT BUY

Jay

Admin
Thats the decat i have and im sorry but its pure shite,think jay will back me up on that one as he had to fit it,wen you pay 150 notes for somethin you expect it to be an easy and good fit

oh and wen i complained there customer service stank,so in 3 words

DO NOT BUY

I can remember the swearing like it were yesterday mate!

Mike D EP82

Member +
iv got a japspeed de-cat on my ep and from what attention iv paid to it looks like it fits like a glove also but this was on the car when i bought it, and the arse hole who fitted it missed 1 or 2 nuts at the turbo side and the gases are escaping past the gasket. also black marks kind of give it away lol

MJA

Member +
my autobahn mani fitted perfectly. no leaks, i didn't have any problems fitting the studs. i didn't even need to remove the turbo :homer:

im using it with a WEPR braced decat