best handling hot hatch

richglanzav

Member +
hey guys and gals,

as said just what is the best handling hatchback of all?

from what i know atm some good ones are:

106gti
pug205
ek9 type r (hope dis dnt start a vtec vs turbo thing off lol).

others that i have no idea about but do interest me are:

charade turbo
polo g40 1.3 supercharged

reason i ask is cus i am considering selling my forged td04 glanza in april, and wud be after sumthin maybe bit slower but still quick, but summit more balanced, sumthing i cud nail into a corner etc sumthin that handles rly good. also sumthin that dnt cost a bomb to run lol. wudnt matter bout it bein old or w.e as it will be a weekend toy, will get myself sumthin mega cheap to get from A to B.

ideas?

Sparky

Member +
Best handling fwd car is the Intergra DC5 I believe or the EK9

Leave the french hatches alone :p

Although Clio sports handle pretty well

Gord R

Member +
I had a Clio 172 Cup. It was fantastic. Good performance + superb handling. Plus great value.

..oh, and not bad on fuel!

DSC_7196copy.jpg

Last edited:

Mike D EP82

Member +
stock starlet lol
ep3 type r?
golf sporting vr6 or g60?
vw corrado........................................

reliant robin

Sparky

Member +
My car likes to 3 wheel :p

Actually a clio 182 was watching me when it happened the one time must of went round 3 quarters of a roundabout at over 70mph :S

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Hmmm,

Ive heard the best handling hatch of all time was the EK9, I havent ragged every hatch around but have driven many cars etc and i can say obviously from experience the EK9 has amazing balance and grip...

The 106GTI and the 205GTI i also found very good...

richglanzav

Member +
hmmm ek9 maybe, but are they cheap to run and maintain etc...i wud like a bitta N/A power or supercharged...not botherd bout mega topend power like 90mph plus

Mike D EP82

Member +
stock ek9 was sick, stick a set of coilys amd whiteline anti-roll bars, camber arms and good tires and it would :rockon:

but if you dont want to spend all that money on an old civic. buy a vti and stick a few suspension mods on and bring that upto scratch with the 9 but remember to stick a whales cock induction kit to bring out the roar from under that bonnet

Dan3SGTE

Member +
hmmm ek9 maybe, but are they cheap to run and maintain etc...i wud like a bitta N/A power or supercharged...not botherd bout mega topend power like 90mph plus

Very good to maintain bud, economical when not driven hard, good power and top end will do 150MPH so not all bad there either etc etc...

If you wana know more PM me as i REALLY dont wana talk about an EK9 in this thread as it only leads one way.....

nexia201

Member +
Best handling fwd car is the Intergra DC5 I believe or the EK9

Leave the french hatches alone :p

Although Clio sports handle pretty well

the best handling cars you could get are all french ! Renault , peugeot , citroen altough they are shitty cars

ST4R7ET N/A

Fresh Recruit
Clio Trophy has really good handling. Read a review on a ek9 said it had really good handlig but not as good as a dc2 teg. Would be better with a LSD.

Mike D EP82

Member +
i didnt see what the big fuss was all about. iv driven 2 clio 182 and for supposedly having 182 + or - bhp, they were slow and felt like they were rattling themselves loose. both were low mileages aswell. like 20'000

nexia201

Member +
Very good to maintain bud, economical when not driven hard, good power and top end will do 150MPH so not all bad there either etc etc...

If you wana know more PM me as i REALLY dont wana talk about an EK9 in this thread as it only leads one way.....

Dont start again with this honda shit talk :teach::slap: I have raced itr and they loose control easily where my cheap and shit aygo still was relax going round the bend and the itr was in the wall! if you want handling you have to get a french car as shit as it is

Beaker

Member +
Mk1 Golf GTI. The daddy of all the hot hatches and still the best imo. If you have never driven one, you dont know what hot hatches are all about.