best set up for blitz or jam ecu

thechomper

Member +
i am considering investing in one of these ,when one becomes availble ,i already have a apexi boost controller ,so no longer use high and low solinoid,if i was to buy one of these ,would i need to remove boost controller and then set actuator to 1 bar and let it adjust to my mods ,which are already capable of 1 bar ,e.g (fmic mani etc,etc)also is there a difference in the ep82 and 91 ecu,as fair as i know the ep91 has another plug ,i'm i right in saying this

Johnny_C

Lifer
i know of a jam ecu for sale which fits ep91s,and the 95 gt with the 3 plug.let me know if u are interested.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Best setup seems to be 1bar boost, FMIC, no bigger than 2.5inch Exhaust, Manifold, uprated Actuator, iridium Plugs And Uprated Leads.

The Ep91 and EP82 ecus are differant.

I have mine running the mods above for ages and everything runs perfect. you even get a V-tec like kick at 5000 RPM

Johnny_C

Lifer
Best setup seems to be 1bar boost, FMIC, no bigger than 2.5inch Exhaust, Manifold, uprated Actuator, iridium Plugs And Uprated Leads.

The Ep91 and EP82 ecus are differant.

I have mine running the mods above for ages and everything runs perfect. you even get a V-tec like kick at 5000 RPM
95 EP82S ARE 3 PLUG.

thechomper

Member +
have you had it dynoed Frankie,i have all the above listed mods ,but have apexi boost controller ,do i need to reconnect high and low solinoid,also its 93 gt

Franza1

No when i brought it to the RR i had a Cracked Manifold and the Tuner refused to run it. It's running perfect though even a bit on the rich side. i have a Blitz SBC ID 3 boost controller and i have the car setup to run .9 bar daily and a odd time i put it up to 1bar. was running 1.1 at one stage. I check the Spark plugs every two weeks and color seems perfect

thechomper

Member +
so it is ok to run boost controller then ,i was considering also getting a safc and have the fueling fine tuned,i'm just looking at the possibiltys at the moment ,as you know no one in Ireland sets up emange,which is a pain in the h*le,i have a load of mods ,still to install ,like mani ,new paddle clutch,engine mounts,hks actuator ,i have fpr, but might hold of installing and see if i can get the cash together for one of these ecus before uping the boost

Franza1

think the FPR messes with the ECU and Fucks up the Fueling. I think you can run a Safc, think eastcoastcustoms in the north are pretty good at tuning the Emange. Smore seemed to rate them hightly

thechomper

Member +
i think there fairly pricey though,double the price of westward,but with one of these ecus ,i would'nt have to worry about tuning as there self learning,thats why im starting to think of the option of a jam or blitz ecu,fpr is not installed yet,might hold of and see if i can get funds together for one of these bad boys

Franza1

well that's why i'm holding onto mine too, They seem to be able to fuel a Hybrid too from what i'm reading too

thechomper

Member +
they seem to adjust to most turbos ,as some of the lads are running td04,how would you rate your car to a type r,would it be as quick with your set up

Franza1

It's as quick if not quicker than most type r's seems to keep up well with integras.

thechomper

Member +
thats impressive ,really think i'll have to safe for one now and buy if one becomes availble,thanks for the info Frankie

Franza1

No bother, PM Supernova on here he went from a standard ECU to a Jam one he'll be able to tell you the real differance it made, i can't really comment on how much it changes from stock as mine came with it from Japan. I just know that the car scares the shite out of me from time to time

aaronw

Member +
i gotta say with my jam ecu on the rollers at .9 bar (td04) it was fueling megga rich, the afr reading was 6.7 or 6.9 i cant remember right now.

the tuner said it looks like its mapped for 1.2 minimum,he asked what the standard boost was ,he said is it 1.2 bar standard cuz thats about right fueling wise if its that high.

comments please as it goes against everything your sayin,being safe on 1 bar,

Guye

Lifer
My Jam ecu is mapped up to 1.2bar, though the manufacturer insist on not going above 1 bar to avoid conrod damage. It took a couple of days of driving for me to notice the difference and get that 5000rpm "kick" mentioned earlier, it feels like an extra turbine spooling up some boost. That was at stock boost. Now I am running 15psi with additional mods, I find the car somewhat scary to be honest, and the a/f meter shows a rich mixture still. Maybe I need to drive it more often :)