best turbo

EP824U

Member +
really? I learn something every day Dane lol. do u know wat the most has been had outa it?

Dane_Bristol

Member +
really? I learn something every day Dane lol. do u know wat the most has been had outa it?

There is no information at present from any owner to prove that the hybrids are capable of 280WHP which would equate to around 325-330 bhp at the flywheel. I know Ricky on here has one of these and cant wait too see what it produces once he finally has his beast up and running we will then be able to establish how far the turbo can go i am sure.

There are a lot of variations including turbos such at the garrett range GT28RS or GT2871R, these would give you around 280whp. My current setup is at 275 whp using the SPS custom hybrid Turbo.

There are a lot of turbos out there indeed and it would all be based on personal preference as too what turbo you go for as each will perform differently so hard to choose the ‘’Best Turbo’’ for this WHP range.

Rumel786

Member +
There is no information at present from any owner to prove that the hybrids are capable of 280WHP which would equate to around 325-330 bhp at the flywheel. I know Ricky on here has one of these and cant wait too see what it produces once he finally has his beast up and running we will then be able to establish how far the turbo can go i am sure.

There are a lot of variations including turbos such at the garrett range GT28RS or GT2871R, these would give you around 280whp. My current setup is at 275 whp using the SPS custom hybrid Turbo.

There are a lot of turbos out there indeed and it would all be based on personal preference as too what turbo you go for as each will perform differently so hard to choose the ‘’Best Turbo’’ for this WHP range.

True dave but with a good engine i think it may be possible?

As Parkiboy made 290 bhp (approx) on the standard td04 not hybrid one with only 1.2 bar lof boost.

Dane_Bristol

Member +
True dave but with a good engine i think it may be possible?

As Parkiboy made 290 bhp (approx) on the standard td04 not hybrid one with only 1.2 bar lof boost.

Never said it was not possible but just syaing there is no proof to determine that it has been done. Yes indeed i think the hybrid turbo if pushed might possibly meet the needs of 280 whp. Time will tell once people start pushing the turbos hey :)

Parkiboy got an extremely rare high hp there matey as we all know that the TD04 turbo even at 1.4 bar has achieved around 270-280 atf on average with cars that have no headwork.

Rumel786

Member +
Never said it was not possible but just syaing there is no proof to determine that it has been done. Yes indeed i think the hybrid turbo if pushed might possibly meet the needs of 280 whp. Time will tell once people start pushing the turbos hey :)

Parkiboy got an extremely rare high hp there matey as we all know that the TD04 turbo even at 1.4 bar has achieved around 270-280 atf on average with cars that have no headwork.

TBH though taking the hybrid to 280 whp will be pusging the turbo to its limits and dont think it will survive very long :(

best best is something like td05 :) ???

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
greddy 18g... nuff said :p

seriously u can choose any turbo which is rated for that bhp & it will be fine.. only differences between turbos (for the same power/cfm rating)are lag, response, & spool time..

kon