blank pages in my garage

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
this has happened to me twice now. my old one there were load of blank pages so i made another one and now pages have dissapeared from that one too!!

The old members cars section was much better than the garage thing there is now! imo.

Jay

Admin
First time I've heard it mentioned lads, you both use multiple pages so it's possibly something in that side of the program. I'll flag it with Dylan.

sanchez

Member +
Yeah i think its something to do with the multi pages too Jay as i had 4 pages and the 2nd and 3rd pages were totally blank :mad: lol

Started to redo it already :)

Gryzor

Admin
ok, its with the next page rather than the "Members car navigation" dialog.

Page 2,3,4 are blank if you click through with the "next page >" link

hope this helps
Richey

gv1.3

Admin
This is being investigated and a ticket is logged with the software supplier.

I would suggest holding off on any further entries until we have resolved this as there is no point putting work in to your members garage only to have the content vanish.

We do several automatic backups per day which I hold for 30 days. I will stop deleting them now so it may be possible to pull your info from a backup we have but lets not do anything until we find the problem and fix it.

Thanks for making us aware of this.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
All the replies in my garage are now on one page which mae it a pain sitting waiting for it to load, it used to be 4 pages or so long.

D3N0

Member +
this has also happen to me to, which has sort of put me off from doing a write up there. i started my second page 2 months back, but when i went to continue it a while later it had vanished. so i havent asked since, but um sure there are people out there that would like to know who ive got on with my car. alot has happened since the engine went in 4 months ago, but with no documentation to show for. not good i say.

gv1.3

Admin
Hi,

we have carried out a major upgrade to the members garage section of the site. It is hoped that this will prevent any further pages vanishing from members entries.

As this problem has only effected a minority of members we need immediate reports of this happening again so that we can further investigate.

For those who have been effected please post the link to your garage in this thread along with the page numbers that are missing content. I will attempt to retrieve this info for you from our database backups but cannot say for sure if we will have the relevant backup for the date your data existed.

Thanks,

D

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I've been advised to post here so here I am.

My pages 2,3 and 4 have vanished too. I don't remember the last time they were there. I would say within the last 30-40 days or so. Can't be exact. There was a he'll of alot of information on these pages so I really hope they can be retreived. That would be great.

gv1.3

Admin
there is a considerable amount of work involved in attempting to retrieve these pages and will involve bringing the site down for an hour or so.

I will wait until anyone that is missing pages has posted in here and then will carry this work out. Lets give it until next Monday for everyone to check their members garage and see if they are missing anything.