break or not

hey guys just needing some advice on what to do

Ive had my gt just over a year now and had a number of problems with the rings going etc,so basically its ither sell the car with the engine gone or break it

pics of her

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

car1.jpg

and the spec
Hybrid CT9
Blitz dump valve
RSR stainless straight through exhaust
HKS Fuel Cut Defender (FCD)
HKS Programmable Fuel Computer F-CON (PFC)
HKS Air Filter
Greddy Trust front mounted intercooler
HKS actuator
Upgraded high flow fuel pump
NGK silicone spark plug leads
Denso IK22 Iridium spark plugs
Tein lowering springs
KYB shortened shocks
FET TB-308 Turbo Timer
Momo Race leather steering wheel
Lowered approx. 30mm
Racing Sparco 14" Black Alloys with chrome rims
Toad Cat 1 Alarm with total closure

what do you think i should do ?

thats what i thought,it would be a shame to break/sell but thats the best option

can you help me put prices on parts please

GTdan

In The Closet
youve got a few options

fix it - new standard engine in?
sell of the mods and put back to standard, with money raised, new engine/fix current problem.
brake completly - strip all parts, panels etc - more work for you and more time consuming but will probly make more money this way.

All just depends on how quick you want it gone etc.

as for prices - your best off looking in for sale section and seeing what others are selling them at in similar conditions - or knock 30-50% off brand new price.

Again, depending how quikc you want to sell, depends what price you put up.

what hybrid you running - may be interested;)

what ever you do, best of luck

cheers for advice,im in no rush to sell at all,i have a garage where the car is and to break it would be a problem

its a toy tuning ct9 mate

if i could get 3k from braking it id be well happy

duno if this is possible though

Idrees

Banned
Personally, I'd keep it. But if you really want to get rid, I'd break. Judging by those pictures, the car does look immaculate. Maybe you can get some good money for it if you return to stock?

Saying that, I've got a Quadlight up for sale for £1500 and not one person has even come to view it!

Kelly

Member +
Every time the engine was rebuilt didnt you only replace certain things? i.e one piston etc?

would be a shame to break it as it looks very neat but im afraid thats where the money is.

We have the ep82 shell and few bits and bobs left of the k24 gt its very sad :( but we have already made well over what we would have if we sold it as a whole and we have all the standard bits to sell yet i.e panels etc etc

one piston cracked,so it had new piston and rings

then kept blowing rings,then headgaskets

ive just had enough,im in the middle of taking the head off now,see whats happend to it :)

lucky for me all my days are free as i work in the night so i got plenty of time on my hands

Big_Daddy

Member +
This is my opinion, the car is not worth much with a engine gone. I had same option, i fitted a new engine instead as it was a best option for me. Just get a new engine for £300 quid with a standard Ct9, sell the the hybrid if you want to cover some of the funds.Asume you could fit it your self. With the old engine, just break it for parts or sell it for repairs/forging.

alan_d

Lifer
I made the decision to break mine after the bonnet went through the windscreen, what would have been a relatively small repair. However due to my lack of enthusiasm, I opted to break what was a perfectly good car. I saw my money back and am now in a better car for it. I think my problem was that, it wasnt the parts of the car that were bad, just the combination didnt make a whole.

sometimes you can loose so much love, that its better to cut your losses, and start afresh.

break the car as small as you can, and go from there, you may find that things like the crank etc may be ok, and you can recover loss from there.

Big_Daddy

Member +
I made the decision to break mine after the bonnet went through the windscreen, what would have been a relatively small repair. However due to my lack of enthusiasm, I opted to break what was a perfectly good car. I saw my money back and am now in a better car for it. I think my problem was that, it wasnt the parts of the car that were bad, just the combination didnt make a whole.

sometimes you can loose so much love, that its better to cut your losses, and start afresh.

break the car as small as you can, and go from there, you may find that things like the crank etc may be ok, and you can recover loss from there.

You had alot of upgraded parts inlucding that engine

alan_d

Lifer
You had alot of upgraded parts inlucding that engine

Ive broken shafted engines before that people wouldnt look at and earned as much as a perfectly working engine, It would suprise you how many people want heads, cams, cranks, rods etc! well worth a look at, as someone somewhere always needs their motor back on the road

Big_Daddy

Member +
Ive broken shafted engines before that people wouldnt look at and earned as much as a perfectly working engine, It would suprise you how many people want heads, cams, cranks, rods etc! well worth a look at, as someone somewhere always needs their motor back on the road

That is true, but running whole engine sells quicker than broken a engine. Ive broken my old engine and made few cash from it but ive still got parts left.