Car not registerd as a GlanzaV - UPDATE - Really Pissed off!

tom_hunt

Member +
Hello all.

Iv just had my new insurance quote come through. Iv just gone through it to make sure everything was ok and I found that my car is down as a "Starlet GLI Turbo". I checked my log book and that says the same. The garage I brought it from set up my insurance for me aswell and I never thought about looking befor.

How do I go about changing it? Just ring the DVLA and explain whats happend and the let my insurance no?

Surly the garage I brought it from shouldnt of registerd my car as a GLI Turbo!
I feel rather pissed off!!!

Tom

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Surly the garage I brought it from shouldnt of registerd my car as a GLI Turbo!
I feel rather pissed off!!!

Tom

could be.... in malta they used to register them as "starlet" thats all so when you go to the insurance your insuring a starlet with a 1331 engine.. non turbo.. cheaper and could be insured on anyone under 21 as theye are a high risk car for insurances

Sham

Member +
Maybe its not the garages fault and its dvla thats f*ked up...
I register every import i get and dvla have messed up half of the logbooks.
Also when ya register a car it will say Starlet 1.3, i dont think you can get Glanza V or Starlet GT on there.

tom_hunt

Member +
could be.... in malta they used to register them as "starlet" thats all so when you go to the insurance your insuring a starlet with a 1331 engine.. non turbo.. cheaper and could be insured on anyone under 21 as theye are a high risk car for insurances

Proper illeagal though! Just going to see what I can do! Might even go back tothe garage and ask him why he registerd it as a gli turbo!

Tom

tom_hunt

Member +
Also when ya register a car it will say Starlet 1.3, i dont think you can get Glanza V or Starlet GT on there.

My cousin reckens he has got Toyota Starlet GlanzaV written on his.

Hmm.......god knows!

Tom

Monkfish

Member +
i dont think you can get Glanza V or Starlet GT on there.
I'm sure mine says "Starlet GT" or "Starlet Turbo", but I could be wrong. I'll check.

If you ring DVLA they will explain the process to change it ;)
There should be a section on the V5 for amendments which gets filled and sent to the DVLA.

It would be wise to change that ASAP, so Dave's suggestion of phoning is probably best. Although it is insured as a Turbo, the insurance company might well tell you your policy is invalid in the event of a claim. The Police might also nobble you for no insurance, as you may not have any on this technicality.

:)

Jay

Admin
There are two issues here:

1)The car is registered incorrectly.

The taxbook can be changed by the DVLA with no major hassle.

2)The car is insured incorrectly.

Inform your insurance company immediately. In essense you are driving without appropriate cover and can be prosecuted by law. The last thing you need at this stage.

davehart

Member +

Mine states Starlet GT Turbo on the log book so they can get it right from time to time :)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
When i registered my car i wrote on the form it was a starlet gt turbo but it says its just a starlet 1.3 on it.

I have the car insured as it should be, is this something i should be worried about? tax book saying its a non turbo and me insuring it as a turbo?

Jay

Admin
Nope, the tax is the same as a non-turbo mate.

They can't really touch you for that.

What it is insured as is a different matter - then it only takes PC Powertrip to stop you and your in the brown stuff.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
i hate being in the poo!

also my shift key has taken a dump and its so annoying to use the one on the other side of the keyboard! shouldn't have spilled my booze on the laptop i guess

oh bugger better edit this, i'm not actually drinking at this hour of the day, it happened a while back !

Sham

Member +
When i registered my car i wrote on the form it was a starlet gt turbo but it says its just a starlet 1.3 on it.

I have the car insured as it should be, is this something i should be worried about? tax book saying its a non turbo and me insuring it as a turbo?

thats whats happened with every starlet i registered..
The one that cole bought off me they had it as a 5 door hatch and colour was yellow. Sent the logbook back to em and they corrected it

tom_hunt

Member +
thats whats happened with every starlet i registered..
The one that cole bought off me they had it as a 5 door hatch and colour was yellow. Sent the logbook back to em and they corrected it

Yeah I read it wrong earlyer on my log book like a tw@t. Mines registerd as a Starlet 1.3 but insured as a GLI Turbo. I rang my insurance up and they are changing the details and getting back to me. I hope it dont change cuz its just gone donw to £800 n sumet to insure lol

Tom

tom_hunt

Member +
Really Piss*d Off!

I posted this thread the other day
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=22760

My insurance just rang me and said they can no longer insure me on a my car till Im 25!! HAHA what a joke! Iv been paying insurance for a car that dont exist for tow years! Great!

Surly the guy who set my insurance up for me (who I brought the car off) could get done for doing this? Or even me claim my insurance money back off him? Either way Im going to my local citizens advice to see what I can do!

Just made me wanna take the car off the road stick it in a garage and get a scooby on finance :)

Tom

stuart

Member +
You'll pay more for a scooby :p (I think!!)

I'm dreading my renewal in October, can see it being higher instead of lower! :(

How did things go with the DVLA mate?