Chris@CCM have you managed to get Speedvision Cams to work Now ???

whiteglanzav

Member +
Just wanting to know dude as the "custom cams" i bought need a fuck load of work doing to the shims because as they are they have 4mm of clearence lolololol.

anyway wondered if you had managed to sort the issue that arose recently with the speedvision cams as i now need to buy another set

Thanks

Ed

Shorty

Member +
would also like to know if the speedvision cams issue is resolved been waiting ages to order some :(

Phil

Super Moderator
chris fitted a set with no problems to my engine a yr or two ago, no problems since.

ted had a set that the locating pin was physically in the wrong place!! knocking everything out.

Phil

whiteglanzav

Member +
chris fitted a set with no problems to my engine a yr or two ago, no problems since.

ted had a set that the locating pin was physically in the wrong place!! knocking everything out.

Phil

how did he remedy that ??

and what other mods needed doing to your head for them to fit properly ??

Phil

Super Moderator
nought to mine, my clearances where grand, just some tomei engine assembly paste on there(how jap) and checked with a feeler gauge and then fired up.

i spoke to ted recently and it was all good news, but i think either the located was moved or he had another set sent out. but that wasnt a tolerance/clearance issue it was a complete manufacturing error.

Phil

whiteglanzav

Member +
nought to mine, my clearances where grand, just some tomei engine assembly paste on there(how jap) and checked with a feeler gauge and then fired up.

i spoke to ted recently and it was all good news, but i think either the located was moved or he had another set sent out. but that wasnt a tolerance/clearance issue it was a complete manufacturing error.

Phil

was the locating dowel problem just with that individual set then ??

Ted

Member +
sam messaged me to say that other guy mark was doing some work on them- anyone heard anything?

Rory

Lifer
Marks car is running like shit.

He is another that is heaving them out, and he had his timed up from the local guru with heads.

Standard cams will do fine.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
The local guru couldnt do anything with them....:homer:.
I beleve it is an easy fix from the time you have the datasheet of them.
You could ask for abroad help anytime Mark..;)

Chris

spuddy here on the site has his working perfect mybe if he gets some pictures up of how his has been set up it might help yous:)

The local guru couldnt do anything with them....:homer:.
I beleve it is an easy fix from the time you have the datasheet of them.
You could ask for abroad help anytime Mark..;)

Chris

the local guru shoulnd have to do any thing as the cams have been machined wrong hes a enginer not a magician
u should be able to bolt them in and crack on if they are machined correctly
wat do u sugest chris ???

sx_turbo

Lifer
cheap american shit, you pays for what u gets and all that.

as with most things from speedvision the initial first batch was good, and seemed to be ok, and then it all went to shit.

ok it not completely his fault as it's obviously a supplioer issue, but he hasnt exactly been helpful.

i have recently spoken to newman cams about possible starlet cams, and they said to produce them be roughly looking at about £800-1k for 1 pair, with a 3 month lead time, and including specing etc

obviously the more sets made the cheaper the price, but they said the big ball ache with the starlet cams is the fact that the oil way runs through the centre and this is the bit that takes most of the time.

so the fact that these cams were relatively cheap means that the qaultiy will naturally suffer.

my advice would be to not fit them, and either get a set reground by piper cams or kent cams, and re shim accordingly.

i think dave burwash might be able to supply billet cams, but not heard anything about these.

(surprised he not been on here trying to flog them to be fair)