helloo guyz
i want to clean my engine bay
i saw many here they have avery clean engines bays

so i want to clean mine :)

wht should i do and use ????
and how to use ???

MD4E

Fresh Recruit
A solid de-greaser, and a good non abrasive cleaning solution for the more delicate parts, and yes a whole lot of elbow grease and time.

NUM NUTZ

Member +
Engine Bay Cleaning??

how do ye clean your engine bay? really want to give mine a good clean but not sure of any do's or dont's!! any help appreciated!

how do ye clean your engine bay? really want to give mine a good clean but not sure of any do's or dont's!! any help appreciated!

I use engine de-greaser :p

spray it on the rocker cover and other parts and then after a few mins wash it off with a garden hose (not power hose)

start the car and let it run for ten mins to dry it all off :)

avoid touching the air filter with water for obvious reasons :p

herbie

Member +
I dont bother covering anything up. Never had any problems. Best to keep engine running when cleaning it.

Spray engine bay with loads of degreaser. After a few mins, hose or powerwash off.
I usually spray engine etc with WD40 once finished.

I dont bother covering anything up. Never had any problems. Best to keep engine running when cleaning it.

Spray engine bay with loads of degreaser. After a few mins, hose or powerwash off.
I usually spray engine etc with WD40 once finished.

if the engine is running and you spray degreaser onto the likes of the manifold or turbo then the degreaser would bust into flames as its just like petrol;)

Braz

Fresh Recruit
Dont know if this is in the right section or not,

whats good for cleain the engine bay, gettin rid of all the dirt and built up grease??

mine needs a good scrubbing, im replacing the head gasket, so once thats done, she's gettin a good wash wax polish spit shine the works, so i said id do the engine too.

any help would be great.
Cheers Braz.