Clutch fitting tutorial

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
As above, has anyone done one? I've got an Exedy organic on the way and I'd like to fit it myself.

Cheers peoples.
Hutch.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Chicken McBumpage

My clutch will be here tomorrow and I'd love to have a pop at it this weekend. someone help me out!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
i just fitted starlet_sams clutch today, no tutorial though unfortuntly:p

lol

well, erm, cheers for that!

Was it a big job? I've only just started playing with my car but I'm getting a little more confident. Is it something an untrained noob could attempt or is it best left to the garage?

goldenvtr

Member +
Glad i can be of service :)

Give me a shout if you get stuck but it is simple really much easyer job with 2 people,
beaweare the rear gearbox mount bolt is an arshole to get back in.

Edit- started at 11 and was done by 3 ive done it a few times though now.

if you have someone to work with go for it, but if your still not confident in it all, can be a nightmare if you get stuck.

Key hard parts -
Removing driveshaft's (i use a crowbar to prise them out)
Rear mount bolt

Rest is simple undo and move aside. but threse quite alot invloved.

Last edited:

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Hmmm, sounds like a bit of a mission, more than my limited tool box/knowledge could stretch to! Thats why I was hoping for a tutorial to point me in the right direction.

BomB191

Member +
a tutorial would be wicked! im going to be doing my in the next few months or so and i wldnt have a clue were to start

Trevor

Member +
No Idea

My advice would be if you havn't got a clue where to start then you'd be best not to start it at all.£100 would be the going rate for a garage to fit a clutch.
a tutorial would be wicked! im going to be doing my in the next few months or so and i wldnt have a clue were to start

Jay

Admin
I wouldn't attempt one without a ramp. The last one I did on the floor nearly fucking killed me...

Adam_Glanza

Member +
more than 100 quid mate you must be a superman if you can do it in that time, most independant garages in england charge 50 quid plus vat an hour and its at least a 3/4 hour job.

if youve never done anything on cars before then i wouldnt attempt it a clutch is a big job for a starting point and lots of ways for it to go wrong.

specially if your out in cyprus you may aswell just pay them to do it as its so cheap i remember your quote for your other work

BomB191

Member +
My advice would be if you havn't got a clue where to start then you'd be best not to start it at all.£100 would be the going rate for a garage to fit a clutch.

i do know my motors just changed my mani and dump pipe the other week. iv just never done a clutch

ep_chen

Member +
haha. we know how good it feels doing things for our car on our own. i particularly enjoy it but fiddling a clutch is not for trial & error. i'd send it to a garage.