Cops - only out to make money

monka

Member +
Was at mate's last night, few drinks and a BBQ, at about 2am things started kicking off so I thought I'd leave, although someone being a good mate said no you've been drinking, even though it had been 3 hours snce my last drink I thought fairplay ain't worth loosing my license.

I called the coppers on a local no, and asked if they would be able to come and check me out. They said only way they could do that is if they pulled me over while driving. Sorry but how bollocks is that.
What if my mate wasn't so thoughtfull, I just got in my car and left? And then before the cops pull me over, I run over someone?

jamesbaa

Member +
Was at mate's last night, few drinks and a BBQ, at about 2am things started kicking off so I thought I'd leave, although someone being a good mate said no you've been drinking, even though it had been 3 hours snce my last drink I thought fairplay ain't worth loosing my license.

I called the coppers on a local no, and asked if they would be able to come and check me out. They said only way they could do that is if they pulled me over while driving. Sorry but how bollocks is that.
What if my mate wasn't so thoughtfull, I just got in my car and left? And then before the cops pull me over, I run over someone?

dont you think they've got better things to be doing than driving round breath testing people who may or may not be over the limit! just get a cab if in doubt.

Last edited:

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
1. How does this story at all relate to them being out to make money?!

2. The actions of one officer or desk sergeant can't be then used as a sweeping generalisation of all police.

3. They have got WAY better things to do then come out and breath test every retard who wants to drive under the influence.

monka

Member +
So they'd rather pick a body off the floor then? And take my license and money off me, than make a 5 min diversion?

They are saying on the latest knife crime thing prevention is better than arresting the people after they have stabbed someone

monka

Member +
1. How does this story at all relate to them being out to make money?!

2. The actions of one officer or desk sergeant can't be then used as a sweeping generalisation of all police.

3. They have got WAY better things to do then come out and breath test every retard who wants to drive under the influence.

Out to make mney, like I said, can only test me when me when they pull me over, which gives them money

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Hehe, your prob lucky they didn't agree to come out, they woulda found somthing to book u for lol!!!

Ben89

Lifer
if you'v had a few drinks dont drive the rest of the day simples. i cant beleive you'd consider driving after having a few beers.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Out to make mney, like I said, can only test me when me when they pull me over, which gives them money

I'm sure that were their reasons. Your a joke mate, trying to defend that shit. YOU and only YOU were in the wrong, they are not there to provide that "service".

Beaker

Member +
Sorry but thats daft. If you are in doubt about driving, dont drive. If you had been in trouble and the cops couldnt get to you because they were going to someones house to check to see if they could drive you would be screwing. I have never heard a more silly reason to call the cops.
You had doubts about being over the limit. DONT DRIVE. SIMPLES.
Neg Repped for stupidity!

Last edited:

AdDaMan

Member +
How ridiculous!!

Are you being serious or are you winding us up?

I have NEVER heard of somone calling the police to ask them to breathalise you.

HAHAHAHA!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I hope this is a joke ... your trying to waste police time. If you drink then you dont drive simple!

They aint no personal hotline when you feel like you've had too much to drink lol.

Out to make money? No. Out to save lifes from folk drinking then driving? Yes.

You wernt driving so your not a hazard on the road to others safety on the road.

I cant believe this post :eek:

Iain@CRD

Lifer

What you mean it gives them money? It gives them satisfaction knowing they prevented someone from causing an accident and injuring/causing fatalities on the road.

Gets these knobs off the road and where they belong ... on the bus!.

My old mans a cop with over 29 years of service and my mates dad ex traffic, i can assure you the last thing they say when stopping someone for drink driving is "atleast we'll make him out of pocket for a few driving lessons".

jamesbaa

Member +
So they'd rather pick a body off the floor then? And take my license and money off me, than make a 5 min diversion?

what a stupid thing to say if you think your drunk and cannot control your car what the hell are you doing driving it! your a twat!!

Jay

Admin
CLICKY!

Have to agree - the local bill refused to send a WPC round for a quick frisking session the other night.

Also refused to send one of their fancy sniffer dogs round when I lost my keys last week as well.

I have completely lost faith in them.. lol :haha:

Glanza Gaz

Member +

Thing is if they did allow it then everybody would be asking them to come round and breathalise them and would cause a MONUMENTAL strain on police resources, so thats why. Perhaps if you were right next to some officers that had a breath test kit on them then it would have been a different story