Court tomorrow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in Court tomorrow and im shitting myself,im in there for Handling stolen goods and theft,i got arrested for this in june 2006 and was told that i will be contacted,i kept going back each month so say that noone has got in touch.
Each time i was told that someone will be in touch soon

So then in MAY 2007 i had a call to say that i would need to go to the police station to be arrested.........

Thats 11 months after it

So the story begins

From the start, the Court have been hoping for the theft,then after 4 court hearings they dropped the charge and tryed for Handling,since then i have been back to court and they had re added the charge which i couldnt beleave

So far my solicitor has been postive and hes been saying that i will get away with it due to no evidence

So went to see my solicitor today and this is what his words were somthing like this " Gav mate im going to be straight with you,the judge you have is a very stricked and you could be in for a bad day

You could be put in prison,which is unlikly but you must be aware this does happen"

By this time i am shitting myself and im very worried.

He said the other outcome could be a fine or Community service(now that would be better)

But i didnt do it and dont see how they can do this to me

Rant over just wanted to get it off my chest

scotty12347

Fresh Recruit
if you didnt do it then you wont be found guilty most of the time and if theres no evidence i dont see how a conviction can be made.

your solicitor is just demonstrating you the worst case scenario to be honest its better to think like that atm rather than assume your going to get cleared but end up going to prison.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Why do they think it's you then? Unfortunately "I didn't do it" is something they here quite a lot.

Beaker

Member +
If you didn't do it you have nothing to worry about. If you did do it, not much to say really.

Ok what happend was i worked at Halfords and one day i had a 2 mananger ask if they could search my car as a rountine check,i gave them the keys to my car and said yea thats fine

After about an hour of waitin in the staff room they came back and said that the cd palyer i have in my car is stolen from this store and asked me did i know anything and did i steal it

I said no i didnt steal it and i didnt know it was stolen

So they called the police and i got arrested

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
So they do kinda have a reason to take you to court, stolen stuff was in your car and you had access to steal it no doubt.

*starlet_babe*

Member +
so this might be a daft question but how did you come in possession of a 'supposely' stolen cd player? Surely if you did steal it there would be camera evidence of you in the cupboard and walking out with the stereo? I know halfords don't let store staff have acess without a duty managers permisssion and surely you should have something to show that the cd player was either in your posession before the allocated time of it being stolen and if you brought it surely you have a reciept?

All seems a little odd. :)

tosa2tosa

Member +
they have to prove 'mens-ria'
its a term the police use along with 'actus-reas' (not sure if iv got the spelling 100%)
basically the cops have to prove guilty mind, if ur jus being charged for 'handling' then they dont expect u of stealing the item but they do expect that u had some knowledge of the item being stolen wen u bought it (this can include if u thought it MAY be dodgy)

Handling can be a very serious offence leading to a max 10yr imprisonment but only if u were involved with the theft as well

If u can convince the court that u had NO IDEA that the item was stolen wen u purchased it then u'l b fine
Good luck

TurboDave

Member +
So they have no proof you stole it? Just that it was in the car?

Why didnt you tell them when you were arrested you seen an ad in a shop window for the CD player you phoned them they met you, they had the box etc but you have now thrown it out, they told you they have bought a new car and the cd player doesnt fit you thought it was a bargain so you bought it.

You have never seen the guy since and just give them an old phone number which has been disconnected.

Job done.

Unless they can prove you stole it or you knew it was stoled your sorted.

There is no way your going to be sent to prision with no evidence that you stole it.

tosa2tosa

Member +

Why didnt you tell them when you were arrested you seen an ad in a shop window for the CD player you phoned them they met you, they had the box etc but you have now thrown it out, they told you they have bought a new car and the cd player doesnt fit you thought it was a bargain so you bought it.

You have never seen the guy since and just give them an old phone number which has been disconnected.

Job done.

There is no way your going to be sent to prision with no evidence that you stole it.

good story but they hear that kind of bull all the time....u need proof

Job done.

I didnt want to lie to the police mate

I bought it off somone i met at a car cruize and he came into my work one day and said he is selling a cd palyer because hes getting a new one and would i like to buy his

Status
Not open for further replies.