CrankShaft Seals

Gee

Member +
Hi guys,

I was told I may have a little leak within my crankshaft seal, so want to replace it before it gets worse.

But, is there not a front and a rear crankshaft seal? The garage never actually said which one was leaking.

Are they easy to replace?

And does anyone have the part numbers and cost if possible?

Thanks.

jezza323

Member +
there is a front and there is a rear one, both are pains to change

rear one requires removal of the flywheel, front one requires removal of a bunch of stuff too (crank pulley, timing cover, timing belt, timing belt sprocket)

best of luck! :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
shouldnt they have replaced these when they rebuilt your engine?

if they didnt replace them i would start asking questions as to why.

if they did replace them, then they should replace, and fit free of charge. they wont be out of pocket. they will claim the money back via warranty for the seals.

Gee

Member +
Yes, they were replaced.

Its a long story thou mate, I know why they have gone.

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
Yes, they were replaced.

Its a long story thou mate, I knoe why they have gone.

ah ok. oh dear you dont have much luck do you.

any who tap jay up for the part numbers. unfortunately i cant help till i get home, as thats where my epc is

Gee

Member +
i can get you the part number when i go home 2nite mate if thats ok?

Cheers dude.

SX - Yeah, I know why it is leaking. Its not bad or anything, just a little tiny drop I noticed. Would probably get worse in 6 months, but may aswell change it now.

Maybe changed FOC for me anyways, we will see.

Andy

Member +
Hello,

As other people have stated there are front and rear crankshaft oil seals, it's not uncommon for the seals to seep a small amount of oil.

If you want any help send us across your chassis number and we'll be able to supply you with correct part numbers :)

Thanks

Andrew

Here you go

seal.jpg

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well gee if its not leaking badly dont bother changing it.. mines been leaking about a 2 ltr of oil every change (i change oil every 2 months) hasnt caused any probs... so a drop wont do any harm.. suggest u give it time to settle, with time it should stop.. (if the seals are brand new)

kon

Gee

Member +
Here you go

seal.jpg

Cheer Dave.

Still don't understand why 2 are listed for the front?

Also, are there any other seals that may be disturbed while changing the crank seals?

Kon,

I can notice drips on the floor when parked, so think I will change them for piece of mind.

Can't they all of a sudden just go and I will start losing lots of oil?

Gee

Member +
Well,

Picked both seals up today, both part numbers as I did not know what the difference was supposed to be!?

And, the both look the same, except one is brown and one is black!?

Jay

Admin
90311-35035 for Glanza's Jan - April 1996.
90311-35040 for Glanza's after that.

Must have changed manufacturers (compare the manufacturer logos) or revised the design (different materials, etc) in April for some reason.

Gee

Member +
Oh right cool. Thanks for the info.

Dont know what month my car was made, guess I'll ise 35040!