Decisions decisions

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Those that have been reading of the last day or so will know that I'm currently having a bit of work done to my car. I'm hoping to be upto about 180bhp once its finished which leads me to my question.

Would you geys get the clutch uprated first or the brakes?
Doing both at once isn't an option but I know they both need doing.
I'm gonna get an Exedy Organic Clutch and Dave Burwash's big brake kit.

Anyway guys, let me know what your opinions are and why.

Cheers, Hutch.

*edit*
Sorry if this is in the wrong section Mods, i couldn't decide which tech section it should be under as it covers clutch and brakes! I'm sure you'll move it as you see fit though!

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
clutch then brakes, the clutch will break in no time and the discs and pads can cope with the power when driven sensibly.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Thats what i was thinking sx_turbo. There's no point having massive brakes to stop me if the car won't even move coz my clutch has been eaten!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
exacty what SX_turbo said.............

i mean look at me, im still on stock brakes on my car :p

not even the pads are uprated....

turbo-fever

Member +
but sayin that if you look at my mods i am runnin near 180bhp (well i hope anyways probs more bout 160-170 lol) and as far as i know it is a standard clutch has been for a long time

sx_turbo

Lifer
but sayin that if you look at my mods i am runnin near 180bhp (well i hope anyways probs more bout 160-170 lol) and as far as i know it is a standard clutch has been for a long time

dont always assume its a standard clutch, cos from what i've read and heard the standard clutches a piles of poo even when standard, and you never know what that little japanese cretin has done to the car.

turbo-fever

Member +
good point sx_turbo all though i did say "as far as i know" lol but it is true i have found a few little japanese creations lol like a custom made aluminium fuel tank guard

Adam_Glanza

Member +
defo clutch first, as previously stated the brakes will still work at any power but the clutch wont! and plus itll help in the long run

turbo-fever

Member +
well mine came with 6 point rollcage and aluminium fuel tank guard so i am thinking it could have been an x track car, which has its good and bad points lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
= Death wish :)

lol....
ive been driving pretty much 4 years now, ive done my smashing and crashing(not saying it cant happen again) ive just learned alot in my experiences, so i feel pretty confidant in knowing my braking distances, what i can and cant do as well as the car however bad the brakes are i will suit my driving accordingly.....

It is funny though, i put my foot down and have to brake literally a couple of seconds later(even if its a long road) :p brake fade and glowing discs is a huge issue with my car, that is why i need my 16's Volks to arrive from California so i can put these nice shinny Willwoods on that have been sitting in my bedroom for about 3-4months now :( dam distributors!

Dan3SGTE

Member +
how bloody long does it take to get some wheels from america :confused:

ive been wondering this question for a good while now.....

he did state before i ordered the wheels that its a 3-4 months Estimated delivery.... he got payment on the 3rd of may... that means it will be 5 months on the 3rd October....

Ive kept contact with him, hes apologized blah blah blah... now waiting on a reply to an e-mail i sent him today..... last time he checked they were on water to USA...

everything with my car takes forever :homer: i mean took 17 month to build the fucka