declaring mods

GLANZA BOOOI

Member +
wats the deal with this does every single mod i do hav to be declared or is it only stuff increasing the power nd stuff like that???

lleey2k4

Member +
Well if i were you i would declare every single mod. As if you have an accident and its your fault your insurance will do anything to get out of it.

I think its pretty pathetic as im with Elephant and everytime i phone up to declare a mod i get the same everytime 'do you know that we do not payout for any mods?' so i ask myself why do i have to decalre them and pay more on my premium.

starbogt

Member +
If mods aren't declared then your insurance is invalid its as bad as not having insurance. Make sure you have like for like or new for old on modification replacement cover.

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
depends what insurer you are with... the Admiral group of insurers wont pay out on modified parts, they will replace them with stock parts.

cameroon95

Member +
Iv declared all mine and I plan to declare them in the future, im with sky insurance and they seem to be fine with it!!

cameroon95

Member +
Really just depends mate, i declared my alloys, exhaust and suspension and was asked to give an approx bhp increase.

I just had a bov on my old gt and didnt bother to declare it but when I pranged it I got my brother to nip into the field and "ahem" get it out.:)

Your better to just declare it though,seriously. Who are you with?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
If mods aren't declared then your insurance is invalid its as bad as not having insurance. Make sure you have like for like or new for old on modification replacement cover.

Not quite, your insurance company are legally obliged to pay out for the third party.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
lol, that its a performance mod or it would invalidate your insurance?

why exactly would you need to declare it?

does it improve speed? no

you would only declare it incase you wanted to claim back for it, which in most cases it wont get damaged neway

cameroon95

Member +
They have a standard re-circulating dump valve, is not the same as an aftermarket one.

Its just my opinion that I would declare it, you don't have to agree.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i no im not dissing you or anything for it really is down to you,

just cant see the point off adding like 50 quid on your policy for something that takes 20 seconds to remove

WallaceGlanza

Member +
All mods should be declared no matter how trivial, even if just for your own peace of mind that you're properly covered.

If you can't afford the insurance with the mods, then don't do any mods, simple as that!;)

Gee

Member +
a bov surely cant invalidate insurance lol, its hardly a performance mod etc

Unfortunately it could.

Some insurance companys will not even insure you if you have an aftermarket one! Same with FMIC!

Some are really strange. All my mods are declared, every single one, forged engine, everything. When I was searching for quotes, one company said they would not insure me because I had a rear ARB! LOL, nevermind the uprated turbo etc.