Differences in panhard rods ???

cole

Member +
rs*r is 137.92

where as whiteline is 80.85

whats the difference apart from the make and price if you buy the rs*r one are you paying an extra 60 quid just for the name ???

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
brand really.. maybe the quality of the bushings, though iv never heard anybody ever complain about a panhard rod...

cole

Member +
i just cant see how 1 can be nearly double the other if there both the same thing

is 1 made out of gold or sumat lol !

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
no one is made in japan & the other is made in aus... think labour costs ;)

kon

Dan3SGTE

Member +
im sure the RSR one is adjustable at both ends too whilst the whitline isnt...

Not saying thats what justifies the price difference but probably contributes.

cole

Member +
im sure the RSR one is adjustable at both ends too whilst the whitline isnt...

Not saying thats what justifies the price difference but probably contributes.

does it need to be tho ?

other wise whiteline would have made theirs like this surely ??

dac69er

Super Moderator
rsr can be adjusted on the car without undoing anything. the whiteling needs one end removing to adjust it. plus the quality isnt that great.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Whitline is a cheaper make in general mate therefore will save in things like this...

It doesnt have to be but makes installation far eaisier and also easier to set up....

I have an RSR one waiting to go on :)

Last edited by a moderator:

dac69er

Super Moderator
pretty much yes. as long as you dont keep altering the ride heights it will only need adjusting once.

ive never found it a problem and ive adjusted it up a few times.

sx_turbo

Lifer
there is a big difference in qaulity between the 2 items.

they both do the same job and neither will break, and both will last a lifetime.

but there is a noticeable qaulity difference.

and the rs*r looks much nicer being polished stainless.

but it doesnt matter because you cant see it under neath lol

cole

Member +

they both do the same job and neither will break, and both will last a lifetime.

so i might aswell buy the cheaper 1 ?

sx_turbo

Lifer
thats a good idea.

you can see where the extra money goes between the 2 items, but its not really worth it.

as you say put the spare cash towards something else.

hardcoreep

Member +

The RSR one is stainless steel, the Whiteline one is basic metal. I asked this question a long time ago and found out the hard way. I BENT my Whiteline panhard rod. It was replaced with a JDM Dog Fight panhard rod. The JDM is the one that will last forever. U get what u pay for.

sx_turbo

Lifer
The RSR one is stainless steel, the Whiteline one is basic metal. I asked this question a long time ago and found out the hard way. I BENT my Whiteline panhard rod. It was replaced with a JDM Dog Fight panhard rod. The JDM is the one that will last forever. U get what u pay for.

lol thats whar i said.

but how the hell did you manage to bend the whiteline one?

the whiteline one is still 10x stronger than the horrible hollow standard one lol

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
How did you bend the WL one Rory bloody hell never seen that before! As mentioned the RS*R is stainless and can be adjusted on the car which means its easier to setup, you are also paying for the JDM brand name.

We have 5 RS*R rods in stock that we need clearing for the next order fancy a GB anyone? Can get the price down to around £100.00 if anyone needs.

Thanks,

T

hardcoreep

Member +
I drive a lot over long distances. I had it for about two years when I realized I had INSIDE left wear. It took a while to figure it out. The WL rod had bent into a slight arc, so when the suspension compressed it would pull the left tyre inward. There was no physical damage on the rod, nor could anything external bend it in the direction it was.