So I took my car in for a Dyno tune, here's my setup:

speedvisions td04 mani/d/p
315cc injectors
255 walbro fuel pump
Front mount intercooler
turboXS MBC
Emanage blue
TD04 with 15,000 miles from a wrx

The car made 145 hp and 141 ft lbs of torque.

The tuner said they checked for boost leaks, but were not able to find any, they said the timing was dead on, and so was the fueling. The car is running great, turbo seems to be working fine, it spools up and pulls strong but just drops off. The only suggestion they could offer was to do a compression test to see if one of the cylinders is off. Any other ideas? I'm pretty discouraged...

sx_turbo

Lifer
thats very odd, but i am getting this same thing with my hybrid at the mo.

it sounds like something to do with the wastegate system.

and yeah i would be pretty annoyed with that figure aswell to be fair

I_<3_Boost

Member +
What boost you runnning? have you got a boost gauge to back up your manual boost controller, Who mapped the blue? sure your still not runnin the base map?

Gee

Member +
Well 13psi is more or less 1bar, so you should be looking at 210hp or more at the fly.

You have an issue somewhere.

4ESeo

Fresh Recruit
yea, I have a boost gauge and its definately boosting up to 13psi. I had a local shop Dyno the car, B&T motorsports http://www.bandtmotorsports.com/ When I talked with them they said they were really surprised with the result, but couldn't find any issues?? I would hope I'm not running the base map.

4ESeo

Fresh Recruit
Could be the dyno, but I wouldn't really be able to know unless I took it somewhere else for a tune

GTdan

In The Closet
foudn this from site....The Dynapack 3000 is clearly one of the most advanced chassis dyno's today. It eliminates the tire to roller interface that you have with a conventional roller dyno. The drive wheels are removed and adapters are mounted directly to the hubs. There are no straps and no tire slippage to worry about. Constant or variable speed features allow us to measure horsepower, torque, air/fuel ratios and boost in precise increments

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Thinking about it I would say get a compression check....Its to far off, maybe a dodge piece of kit ie mbc of summat wouldnt cause that much of a cock up surely.....Compression is my guess

4ESeo

Fresh Recruit
nope, no oil or smoke. I did notice some oil in my catch can, but thats hopefully cause it's doing its job. Is it a major undertaking to repair the compression if it's off?

TurboDave

Member +
nope, no oil or smoke. I did notice some oil in my catch can, but thats hopefully cause it's doing its job. Is it a major undertaking to repair the compression if it's off?

How much oil is appearing in your catch can?

TBH, even if the compression was poor it should still be making more power, who mapped the E-Manage and if would be useful to know if the figure is ATW or ATF, do you have the dyno graph you can scan and post up?

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car

If it's low it's usually for a serious problem.