Driveshaft support bearin?

Texx

Super Moderator
The 'green cup thing' is part of the inner CV joint. Are you wanting the bearings from inside the inner CV joint? If so, they're only available as part of a complete inner CV joint.

Or are you wanting the diff carrier bearings that sit inside the gearbox case, either side of the differential? If so which side bearing do you need and do you have a factory LSD gearbox?

These are the only bearings that are relevant to the inboard end of the driveshafts.

Or are you wanting the driveshaft oil seal that sits in the side of the gearbox case?

spence

Member +
The 'green cup thing' is part of the inner CV joint. Are you wanting the bearings from inside the inner CV joint? If so, they're only available as part of a complete inner CV joint.

Or are you wanting the diff carrier bearings that sit inside the gearbox case, either side of the differential? If so which side bearing do you need and do you have a factory LSD gearbox?

These are the only bearings that are relevant to the inboard end of the driveshafts.

Or are you wanting the driveshaft oil seal that sits in the side of the gearbox case?

Where the green inner cv joint is, the bearing that is on the gearbox side to that.

Iv been told by a friend that works at a clutch and gearbox place that it's separate to the cv joint.

And honestly I'm not sure if it has got LSD or not, how do you know if it does or not?

Texx

Super Moderator
You must need the diff carrier bearings then. It's best to replace both sides as the gearbox needs to be stripped down to get to them, unless it's the driverside coupling bearing in a factory LSD gearbox?

spence

Member +
You must need the diff carrier bearings then. It's best to replace both sides as the gearbox needs to be stripped down to get to them, unless it's the driverside coupling bearing in a factory LSD gearbox?

Ok but how would I know it's a factory LSD box? Is it when I jack the front end up n spin one wheel the opposite side spins in the same direction aswell? Coz that's what it does.

Texx

Super Moderator
Jay said:
Here's a standard Toyota LSD gearbox (on the left) next to a standard Toyota gearbox (on the right):

random057.jpg

Factory LSD box has the viscous coupling mounted outside of the main gearbox casing, hence the big lump on the side.

spence

Member +
Factory LSD box has the viscous coupling mounted outside of the main gearbox casing, hence the big lump on the side.

Can't see underneath the car to see if it does have the coupling or not, is there any other way to know if it does or not?

spence

Member +
Out of interest, what makes you think you need this bearing?

Got a nasty rumbling noise when driving and also iv checked it by listening to it by putting a screw driver to it n my ear to the other end whilst someone spins the wheel fast

Texx

Super Moderator
In that case the diff carrier bearing part numbers you need are:

90366-38004 Front bearing
90368-38010 Rear bearing

Texx

Super Moderator
No idea of the current price, but I wouldn't expect them to be cheap.

Fire Vincent-ep91 a PM as I believe he's just bought some.

weeJohn

Lifer
Got a nasty rumbling noise when driving and also iv checked it by listening to it by putting a screw driver to it n my ear to the other end whilst someone spins the wheel fast

Noise will travel down the shafts and be amplified in the gearbox housing, its very easy to think there is a fault in there when its in the cv joints. Take the shaft out of the inner cv joint on one side and try to listen again, then put it back in and do the same on the other. A lot easier than taking a box apart.

spence

Member +
Noise will travel down the shafts and be amplified in the gearbox housing, its very easy to think there is a fault in there when its in the cv joints. Take the shaft out of the inner cv joint on one side and try to listen again, then put it back in and do the same on the other. A lot easier than taking a box apart.

But if a cv joint has gone then ud hear it at the wheel and u couldn't hear anything apart from around the gearbox area

weeJohn

Lifer
I had a wheel bearing go on me, I swore the box was fucked as the sound was louder at the box end. If you are sure you dont need to do it, just a suggestion mate.