ebay problems

lanxter

Member +
well basically i sold my mini wheels on ebay.

guy received them left me good feedback etc.

now couple of days later i received this message on ebay

""
hi i bought the alloy wheels of you and im not very happy at all. one of the wheels is missing the shims where the wheel nut got so the wheel will not tighten. this could have cause a bad accident if i had gone out on the road. i would eather like this sorted out or my money back and you can have the wheels back. if this is not sorted with in 24hr then i will be put a full complant in to ebay for miss information on an add and i also will be getting in touch with paypal.
""

i dont know what he is refering to whe he is saying shims is missing as ive never heard of that they just tightened on the bolts like the starlet wheels do.

anyone know what a shim is?

ive requested pictures of what is missing so can have a look and have received this message

""i have enqiuryed at minisport, minispares, mini-its and it needs a new wheel im not very happy about this i bought this wheels in confidence that they were in a good safe working order and they are not. Please could you eather sort out the money for a replacement wheel to be refuned into my pay pal account or we can arange a full refund and get the wheels back to you eather way i will be happy.
""

G

gaz_turbo1

he must be talking bout the normally plastic ring that sits inside the wheel to centralise it on the hub, it won't cause an accident at all, u moramally buy these seperate

lanxter

Member +
he talking rubish then mate?

ive never heard of what hes on about at all.

i took pics of every wheel and listed everything as stated.

Jay

Admin
Ask him for pics. Could have just overlooked something when you removed them or he could be chancing his arm and damaged them during fitting. Either way it's a physical fault he's complaining about so get him to show it.

stuart

Member +
Sounds like he's bought the wrong wheels (know it sounds daft as advertised as mini wheels) and he's trying to get his cash back?

See how things go, if you've done everything by the book, nothing to worry about mate :)

lanxter

Member +
yeah sent him another message jay asking for pictures of whats missing but i posted everything as i had it so for all i know he could have snapped the shim if its plastic or anything.

just not quite sure where i stand.

as if i buy him a new wheel + tire ill have made no money at all

G

gaz_turbo1

or he could be talking bout the spacer's , as he says "the wheels won't tighten up" he has to get that sorted out himself mate, i would'nt worry to much bout it, got nothing to do with you

lanxter

Member +
replyed again asking for pictures and received this one.

""

i will take some pic 2nite and send them to you. sorry for the email its just i got very cross as ive paid 250 and then a new wheel is gonna cost another 60.00 plus with the bady in the car it not safe i would like to sort this out between use and not ebay if we can

""

still waiting for pictures though.

where exactly do i stand if he does try to claim via paypal?

lanxter

Member +
still claiming a shimm is missing on the wheel itself/

no idea what a shim is, ive called a couple of local garages and a friend at an alloy wheel shop who have all said no idea what hes on about.

only thing they think he could mean would be spacer or spigot ring.

parkiboy

Member +
i sold a bluefin superchip on ebay stating it needed resetting - i had a guy complaining just like this, the story he was giving me was a load of rubbish i held my ground and then i never heard from him and got good feedback, was him just trying to get his money back because he didnt want it once he realised how much it cost to get it reset. maybe this guy is doing a similar thing...

lanxter

Member +
thanks for that mate, a nice read.

so basically shims just ballence the wheel is that correct?

am i not wrong in beleiving most tire shops do this anyway? im sure they did on my wheels on gt with just little metal plates

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
I would imagine that most tyre places like kwik-fit or garages would be able to supply shims as there used to modify toe and camber.

The only thing on a wheel i know of is the spigot ring.

Maybe he's getting confused or just trying his luck when he's seen the item.

Should ask him what he wants the shim for to see what he says.

lanxter

Member +
he says the wheel nuts wont fasten without it, dunno how he works that out they fasten same as the gt does with studs and nuts holding it to the wheel.

also says it makes the car unsafe without it

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
Guess he's not wanting the item now and making up some excuse hoping you don't know what he's meaning and say ok send it back.

If it was me i'd tell him to goto a tyre fitting place and get them to put them on as he doesn't seem to have the knowledge to do a simple thing.

God knows how he will survive if he gets a flat tyre and tries to fit the spare wheel.