EP82 GT Oil pressure switch location/replacement

GT4EFTE

Fresh Recruit
Can someone please advise where exactly Oil pressure switch is on my ep82 before I pull out the tools. Going to change it out and see if it's stuffed as oil light comes on/flickering. So many unviewable images floating on the Forums these days due to Photobucket ...

Would much need removing to get in there & remove/install?

Bonus if you know the extension socket size for removal?
Cheers!

Jay

Admin
Hi bro,

Just nipped out and took a few pics as I have an engine on the stand at the minute for a little fettling..

Stock oil switch is on the nearside edge of the engine block right where it joins to the gearbox:

20180201_201909.jpg

Looks like 27mm or thereabouts:

20180201_202031.jpg

And a 27 spanner should fit fine:

20180201_202102.jpg

Apply threadlock to the threads prior to fitting and the torque setting isn't too crazy.

Hope that helps you out,

Jay

GT4EFTE

Fresh Recruit
Cheers Bro, a Gentleman and a Scholar! The only trouble is my engine isn't on the stand like yours haha. Looks mighty tight down there, Turbo down pipe and some high pressure lines run just in front of it.... One possibility is using a universal socket joint maybe but it's a long shot that it will get through the gap. Any suggestions on how to attack with minimal dismantling?

Here are a couple of pics for anyone else interested- you can see the top of the connection that connects to back of oil pressure switch lurking in the shadows (RED ARROW), It's located roughly 100mm down and slightly further back towards engine from the clip on the coolant line ( PURPLE ARROW)
20180202_120936.jpg

20180202_114044.jpg

20180202_114932.jpg

Cheers!!

Jay

Admin
Yeah once you have it in the bay there's not much room to work unfortunately! The only tips I can offer is to let the engine cool beforehand, attack from below possibly, try to find a small adjustable wrench and scare it with swear words.

Those hoses can be gently prised up or down just be careful when doing so. If you have to detach them expect about 1 or 2 litres of coolant to drain out. System would need topped up and bled after.

The clutch slave cylinder could be loosened off (two 12mm bolts plus a few others securing the metal pipe to the box) but be gentle - they like to snap and are fun to sort after that happens.

I reckon you should be able to get a socket onto it tbh. I'll have a look at the weekend at one in an engine bay to see how handy it is.

Jay

dac69er

Super Moderator
it can be done, but it is fiddly.

try removing the clutch slave cylinder for better access. the slave cylinder pipework can be left connected, so its not a massive problem

GT4EFTE

Fresh Recruit
cheers all, Yep was thinking Clutch slave cylinder removal would be best bet as line curves almost directly in front. Cheers!