FCD and FPR settings

As above, im tuning my Glanza and these are the mods that i have:

Magnecore 8mm leads with Heat range 7 Denso iridium plugs
Greddy FMIC
Standard CT 9 Turbo ( to be upgraded to CT9 Hybrid in the near future)
Standard Clutch (to be upgraded to Exedy Organic '' '' '' '')
SARD FPR Kit
HKS FCD
HKS Actuator
APEXi Power Intake
Standard Manifold
2.5" Fujitsubo Exhaust sytem with decat
TRD Engine mounts soon

Those are the main upgrades that i have or i wil have in the future! So my question is this:

How much boost should i go for this type of setup? im not intending to go past 13psi. Does with this setup the CT9, clutch, manifold etc holds well the power ? If i go for 13psi i will be safe with many parts such as engine internals and manifold and clutch soon (to be upgraded with the turbo)?

The main question is if i want to set the FPR and FCD, How should i set the FPR and FCD (i.e. what settings should i set them too) if i will boost 10 psi, 11psi,12 psi, 13psi and 14psi? If possible can you please give me the setting values of each device for the mentioned psi values given? taking consideration the above settings!

Also what is the standard fuel pressure?

Thanks guys ;)

fred

Member +
13 psi will be fine on standard internals

1 bar can be run on the ct9 and the internals will still be ok.

also 11-12 psi the fueling is ok as standard you you might aswell slam it to 15 with your mods.

3.5 bar on the FPR is what you need for 1 bar of boost.

dave-izzle

Member +
the manifold should be your next mod mate. If you up the boost with the standard mani, you will be in a world of pain

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
you really need to have the fuelling setup on a rolling road mate, there is no given value as such.

my advice would be to run 12 psi or less for now on the standard reg and no FCD until you can get it booked in.

also, look into upgrading the standard exhaust mani, it is restrictive and can lead to reliability problems when upping the power.

yes an uprated manifold is on my cards!

About the FCD what setting should it be set to please?

I found many on here setted to 3.1bar on FPR with 1 bar of boost too so mine at 12-13psi should be ok to run 3.1bar of fuel pressure!

eduerd-RT

Fresh Recruit
Im in the same way... but i will put a forged pistons set and i early had a FCD and FPR...

how much boost and fuel pressure have to set it???

i would like run at a bar but im not sure.....

thnks! Many on here says that they fuel around 3-3.2 bar with around 1bar of boost! FCD setting 8-9 was also stated with the above set up but i want opinions to have a rough idea were i should go on mine after it will be setted up! cheers

Jay

Admin
As you already know, you are playing about with fuelling.

One wrong move and BOOM! one less piston.

You need to either set or get it set up by someone proficient with a wideband. It's the difference between a good setup and a dead one.

Also, even from a performance point of view it is the difference between a slow setup and a fast one.

Cheers,

Jay

you really need to have the fuelling setup on a rolling road mate, there is no given value as such.

my advice would be to run 12 psi or less for now on the standard reg and no FCD until you can get it booked in.

also, look into upgrading the standard exhaust mani, it is restrictive and can lead to reliability problems when upping the power.

As you already know, you are playing about with fuelling.

One wrong move and BOOM! one less piston.

You need to either set or get it set up by someone proficient with a wideband. It's the difference between a good setup and a dead one.

Also, even from a performance point of view it is the difference between a slow setup and a fast one.

Cheers,

Jay

Best advice you will hear :)

Of course i will let it in a gd hands for doing that mods :)! thnks guys for the advice but the problem is that in Gozo we dont have any rolling roads to set up very precisely but as far as my friends are concerned all are running very gd with similar set ups setted here by gd mechanics!

10x guys

Last edited: